Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace pipe with Broken Pipe Post 302512052 by kato on Friday 8th of April 2011 09:18:34 AM
Old 04-08-2011
maybe this:
Code:
echo "|" | sed 's/|/\xA6/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe?

Hi there, I try to use: > find * | ls but it just gave me one level of ' ls '. and it said: > find * | ls dir1 dir2 f1 f2 f3 Broken Pipe > what is broken pipe? how can i fix it? thks Gusla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

sometimes I ftp files from an Unix environment from the command prompt of my win2000 pc and I get a "broken pipe" message. sometimes I'll get nothing but sometimes I'll get part of the file. Whats this "broken pipe" about?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
3 Replies

5. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abir2
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

broken pipe

hi i am trying to upload a file using ftp protocol, i am facing some problem while uploading "Failedtoupload:SFTREGUP1:FTP_ASCII_MAILBOX21.39.10.856305000:Broken pipe" Can someone explain why it is coming , and the solution . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

8. AIX

broken pipe error

Hi, I am working on AIX 5.3 . I have client-server program which is in ProC.while sending packet to server i am getting error as broken pipe and program exiting. please help?/? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

I know what causes 'broken pipe' errors, but I can't understand why I can get it (only occasionally) with my example: ps -ef | grep "\./ans$" | grep -v grep Basically I'm searching the ps output looking for the process I'm interested in and excluding the process that is grepping for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhew
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Broken pipe

Hi all, I am trying to run a sleep command and I am receiving a broken pipe when I execute. any help would be greatly appreciated. sleep `< /dev/urandom tr -dc 0-6 | head -c2` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
2 Replies
usb_pipe_set_private(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				  usb_pipe_set_private(9F)

NAME
usb_pipe_set_private, usb_pipe_get_private - USB user-defined pipe data-field facility SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/usb/usba.h> int usb_pipe_set_private(usb_pipe_handle_t pipe_handle, usb_opaque_t data); usb_opaque_t usb_pipe_get_private (usb_pipe_handle_t pipe_handle); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
For usb_pipe_set_private(): pipe_handle Pipe handle into which user-defined data is placed. data Data to store in the pipe handle. For usb_pipe_get_private(): pipe_handle Pipe handle from which user-defined data is retrieved. DESCRIPTION
The usb_set_driver_private() function initializes the user-private data field of the pipe referred to by pipe_handle, using data. The user-private data field is used to store any data the client desires and is not used in any way by the USBA or OS framework. Client driv- ers often store their soft-state here for convenient retrieval by their callback handlers. The usb_get_driver_private() function retrieves the user-private data stored via usb_set_driver_private(), from the pipe referred to by pipe_handle. RETURN VALUES
For usb_pipe_set_private(): USB_SUCCESS Private data has been successfully stored in pipe handle. USB_INVALID_PIPE pipe_handle argument is NULL or invalid. Pipe is closing or closed. USB_INVALID_PERM The pipe_handle argument refers to the default control pipe. For usb_pipe_get_private(): On success: usb_opaque_t pointer to data being retrieved. On failure: NULL. Fails if pipe handle is NULL or invalid. Fails if pipe handle is to a pipe which is closing or closed. CONTEXT
May be called from user, kernel or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
usb_pipe_handle_t pipe; /* Some driver defined datatype. */ xxx_data_t *data = kmem_zalloc(...); usb_pipe_set_private(pipe, data); ---- xxx_data_t *xxx_data_ptr = (xxx_data_t *)usb_pipe_get_private(pipe); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), usb_pipe_open(9F), usb_alloc_request(9F) SunOS 5.10 5 Jan 2004 usb_pipe_set_private(9F)