Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Question on SATA 300 vs SATA 600 Post 302512050 by orange47 on Friday 8th of April 2011 09:14:05 AM
Old 04-08-2011
sata 6Gbps is faster than sata 3Gbps.
ssd should be on 6Gbps, probably.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SATA driver for soalris 9

can any one help me look for a driver for SATA harddisk, im installing solaris 9 to it. thanks and regards msouthofheavenk ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msouthofheavenk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sata support

i have a system which has two hard disks..one is sata and the other one is normal ata hard disk. i wish to install red hat enterprise linux WS(desktop edition) on my sata hard disk..but the installer shows me only my ata hard disk.. i searched the net..it says that a library-- libata will let it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Linux/Unix work with SATA yet?

i got my computer in 2k, built it myself. top of the line then and better than most still now. one problem however is i was never able to install unix because the old kernels were not compatible with SATA hard drives i dont have any IDE drives nor do i want any I want mine on SATA, but every... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GXDeMoNN
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux o.s on two sata's.

Hi, I have two sata hard-disks. Out of those, one is having RHEL5 operating system, and other is having fedora7 operating system. When I connect the disk with RHEL5 operating system to sata0 port and disk with fedora7 operating system to sata1 port. While booting it shows RHEL5 boot screen,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor I have a sata 1TB Deskstar that I had setup before and during shipment from a facilty to another, the disk failed. The handling was not great, lots of throwing boxes, etc. I have a new disk from Hitachi (thankyou Hitachi) anyway, I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

6. SCO

SATA AHCI Tape on SCO 5.0.7

Dear all, I'm newbie in SCO. I already purchase SCO 5.0.7 and SATA Tape Drive (not SCSI) for IBM server. not a cheap investment :( my problem is: I can't use my sata tape on sco 5.0.7 for backup my data because sco can't detect any sata tape has been plug into o/s. i already running "mkdev... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asumatezuka
7 Replies

7. Hardware

SPARC, SCSI -> SATA?

I'm thinking about suggesting my boss to go for sata adapter and SSD, instead of buying new SCSI drives for SPARC. out here, a brand new 70Gb SCSI drive is about 100euros, and 140Gb is 200eur! (for that price, one could probably buy the adapter.) has anyone tried it? how well do modern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Connect SATA Laptop HardDrive to Desktop SATA Slots

Hello everybody, I need to connect a laptop 2.5 SATA hard drive to a Desktop board (which uses 3.5' SATA hard drives). I've tried the connectors and they fit excellent in the 2.5 SATA connectors. The problem is that the laptop hard drive uses 5v and the PC's power source sends 12v. So, my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sata 2 port not working

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine. On my GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard there are two 6 Gb/s SATA ports (Marvell 9128 chip), but when I connect a hard drive to one of them, the system does not recognize it. However, when I boot from a USB install image (downloaded from here Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies
ahci(7D)							      Devices								  ahci(7D)

NAME
ahci - Advanced Host Controller Interface SATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
sata@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The ahci driver is a SATA framework-compliant HBA driver that supports SATA HBA controllers that are compatible with the Advanced Host Con- troller Interface 1.0 specification. AHCI is an Intel-developed protocol that describes the register-level interface for host controllers for serial ATA 1.0a and Serial ATA II. The AHCI 1.0 specification describes the interface between the system software and the host con- troller hardware. The ahci driver currently supports the Intel ICH6/7/8/9, VIA vt8251 and JMicron AHCI controllers which are compliant with the Advanced Host Controller Interface 1.0 specification. Note that while the Intel ICH6/7/8/9, VIA vt8251 and JMicron AHCI controllers support standard SATA features, the ahci driver currently only supports hard disk, ATAPI SATA DVD, hotplug and NCQ (Native command queuing). Port multiplier and power management are not yet supported. CONFIGURATION
The ahci module contains no user configurable parameters. FILES
/kernel/drv/ahci 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/ahci 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWahci | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_sata(1M), prtconf(1M), sata(7D) Advanced Host Controller Interface 1.0 Writing Device Drivers NOTES
To bind the ahci driver to your controller, choose the [AHCI] BIOS option. Note that booting is not supported if toggle exists between the [IDE] and [AHCI] BIOS options SunOS 5.11 22 Jan 2008 ahci(7D)