Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort retrieved data files in different dirs Post 302511955 by leafei on Friday 8th of April 2011 03:47:54 AM
Old 04-08-2011
Thanks for your reply, pkabali.

But the list function will list all files available on the server, that way would retrieve all files into each date '+%Y-%m-%' directory. It's hard to determine which file is already retrieved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script find files in two dirs HELP

I have a directory which is /home/mark/files/ , inside this particular I have a bunch of filles (see examples below) TST_SHU_00014460_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00016047_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00007838_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00056485_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00014460_20090303.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierusbentus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help print dirs with files in it

Hi, I'm writing some start of day checks for my work. I want to check some dirs for files that have been created longer than 10 mins ago and not been transfered. I've already used a find command to write a list of files that meet this criteria to a log called sod.log i.e. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP SERVER logging of files retrieved

Is there any addon or finctionality in ftp (SFTP) Server that definitively indicates if a file was retireved and successfully? I am looking for this type of command with logging so -files retrieved -files deleted by remote users can be logged Must be compatible with AIX and UBUNTU. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdc01
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a list of files retrieved from MGET

Is there a way to create a txt file with the names of the files I retreive using mget *.file. I want to use this file as input to a delete command. Using HP-UX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagf
3 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with files/dirs deletion

Hi, The other day i installed a PHP based CMS (modx) on my shell account and noticed that i couldn't delete any of files/dirs it created after. Also, i noticed that all that stuff is owned by username-www instead of username. I tried chown, chmod and using a PHP script to do the same wti... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pentago
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files into dirs corresponding to dates

I am trying to find a way to move files into corresponding date files. i=0 while read line do array="$line" (( i++ )) done < <(ls) cd $(echo ${array}) echo ${array}} pwd #cd "$(array}" ] || mkdir 2015 cd "2015" ] || mkdir 02-February ] || mkdir 03-March ] || mkdir... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge and Sort tabular data from different text files

I have 42 text files; each containing up to 34 lines with following structure; file1 H-01 23 H-03 5 H-05 9 H-02 14 . . file2 H-01 17 H-02 43 H-04 7 H-05 8 H-03 7 . . file3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read info from api website and show retrieved data

good evening, i'm still new in scripting but i'm learning every day and i'm enjoying it. so i have api website (htt p://api.nobelprize.org/v1/prize.json), i want to make a script that allows me to give it two arguments like ./test.sh 2005 physics, 2000 is for the year and physics is category... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalbsghir
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)