Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursive search and ftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers recursive search and ftp Post 302511901 by brahmi on Thursday 7th of April 2011 11:00:31 PM
Old 04-08-2011
MySQL recursive search and ftp

Could someone help me in recursive search and ftp'ing the files to remote server?

The host machine will have
/dir1/dira/list_of_files1
/dir1/dirb/list_of_files2
/dir1/dirc/list_of_files3
so., I need to search from dir1 recursively (only one level down) and find all the files that are 3 or 4 hours old and ftp all the files to the same directories in the remote host.
So, the remote host will also have same files under same directories.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive FTP

I am trying to write a recursive FTP script and have come to a point where I need to test if the file is either a normal ascii file or a directory. My question is how do I test if the file is either ascii or directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslamg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl + Net::FTP::Recursive

Problem: It will not advance to the next user in the list. It always dies right after it sends the 2/2 files from the first users dir. $USERLIST="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/userlist"; $USER_DIR="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/homes";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

non recursive search in the current directory only

Hi, Am trying for a script which should delete more than 15 days older files in my current directory.Am using the below piece of code: "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/ls -altr {} \;" "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/rm -f {} \;" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: puppala
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive FTP -- here at last.

Over the past few weeks, I saw a couple of threads requesting recursive ftp: Copying files between 2 Unix server ftp from NT to UNIX I decided to try to write a script to accommodate these requests. The result is HardFeed. Here are a few examples of what it can do. HardFeed ftpserver... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
52 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive directory search using ls instead of find

I was working on a shell script and found that the find command took too long, especially when I had to execute it multiple times. After some thought and research I came up with two functions. fileScan() filescan will cd into a directory and perform any operations you would like from within... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive search for filenames containing ..

Hi all, Since my gopher server doesn't like filenames containing 2 or more consecutive dots in a filename, I'd like to do a search for them and replace them with... well, let's say underscores... I've tried a oneliner or 2 from other posts, but they don't seem to work well with locating dots.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evert
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive search and copy

Hello again. Well, I need help again sooner as I thought. Now I want to search for files with a known name within all subdirs, and copy the to differently named files in the same directory. For example if I had only one file to copy, I would just usecp fileName newFileNamebut to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabaciucia
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive search on pattern between two strings

Objective: Recursively search all files under a directory for SQL statements that end with ";" Sample input: UPDATE table1 set col=val UPDATE table2 set cola=vala ,colb=valb; UPDATE table3 set col=val Expected output: UPDATE table2 set cola=vala ,colb=valb; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Search recursive

before posting, I have tried to find my answer elsewhere. no luck. I need to find a file buried in a folder somewhere. Master folder has 10 sub folders. each sub folder has folders too. I found this but it does nothing I am on Mac and use Applescript. do shell script "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
2 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)