Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Passing ctrl + c in shell scripting Post 302511763 by ctsgnb on Thursday 7th of April 2011 01:20:43 PM
Old 04-07-2011
also
Code:
trap exit INT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting Ctrl-D in a shell

Hi, I want to use the "at" command in a loop to start different processes every hour or so, but I don't know how to script a Ctrl-D so I can escape from the "at" after the last command I want to run and then go to the next command in the loop. Example: i=1 while do j=$((i*60)) at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etownbetty
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trap ctrl c in shell script

how to trap the ctrl c in unix shell script my script is running in while loop it should not be terminate with ctrl c. if i press ctrl c while running script it shloud ignore the same. please healp.......... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle CTRL+Z or CTRL+C in shells script?

Hi, while executing shell script, in the middle of the process, if we kill the shell script( ctrl+z or ctrl+c), script will be killed and the files which using for the script will be in the folder. How to handle those scenarios. Is there any possibilities, if user breaks the script, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ctrl-c in shell script

The below script has Perl script in it where it gives the usage details. filer.sh echo echo -en "Enter filer : " read filer echo "test.pl -f $filer -F L" Output ========= The following hosts are online and available: Name Total Allocated Used ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Ctrl+A in shell scripting

Hello , I'm writing script that i use screen to mutiplexe my screen and t not stop execution when ssh connection is closed whit my other PC . So my question is how to send Ctrl+A and Ctrl+D in shell scriting code :confused: Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwen_joe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with passing arguments

Hi All, I am using the script for creating local queue and passing the arguments while running the script as below n=0 while do e=`expr $n + 3` echo 'DEFINE QL('$e') MAXDEPTH('$6') MAXMSGL('$7') DEFPSIST('$8') '$9'' | /apps/mqm_opt/bin/runmqsc $2 n=`expr $n + 1` done Running the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies
fiu-ctrl(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fiu-ctrl(1)

NAME
fiu-ctrl - a script to remote control programs using libfiu SYNOPSIS
fiu-ctrl [options] PID [PID ...] DESCRIPTION
fiu-ctrl is a script to enable/disable failure points in running programs that are using libfiu(3). Programs are usually launched using fiu-run(1), which enables libfiu's remote control capabilities without the need to modify the program's code. For additional documentation, go to the project's website at http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. OPTIONS
-c command Run the given libfiu remote control command before executing the program (see below for reference). -f ctrlpath Set the default prefix for remote control over named pipes. Defaults to "$TMPDIR/fiu-ctrl", or "/tmp/fiu-ctrl" if "$TMPDIR" is not set, which is the usually correct for programs launched using fiu-run(1). Remote control commands are of the form "command param1=value1,param2=value2". Valid commands are: 'enable name=NAME' Enables the NAME failure point unconditionally. 'enable_random name=NAME,probability=P' Enables the NAME failure point with a probability of P. 'disable name=NAME' Disables the NAME failure point. All of the enable* commands can also optionally take failnum and failinfo parameters, analogous to the ones taken by the C functions. EXAMPLES
The following command will tell the process running with PID 12345 to enable the failure point posix/io/read with a 25% of probability to fail, and the failure point libc/mm/malloc with a 5% of probability to fail: fiu-ctrl -c 'enable_random name=posix/io/*,probability=0.25' -c 'enable_random name=libc/mm/*,probability=0.05' 12345 And the following will tell the same process to disable the previously enabled failure point posix/io/read: fiu-ctrl -c 'disable name=posix/io/read' 12345 SEE ALSO
libfiu(3), fiu-run(1). BUGS
If you want to report bugs, or have any questions or comments, just let me know at albertito@blitiri.com.ar. For more information about libfiu, you can go to http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. 16/Jun/2009 fiu-ctrl(1)