Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting log entries from a date onwards Post 302511709 by Shell_Life on Thursday 7th of April 2011 11:24:46 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Could you post what you have done so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting date from a filename

Hi, I am a beginner in Unix so please bear with me... I have a directory which has files in format: RECF-YYYY-MM-DD-input. For example, RECF-2008-02-25-input. I need to extract the YYYYY-MM-DD substring from this filename and convert that into date and compare it with a date. How do I do that?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Date from string

Hi Gurus I want to extract a date and version code which shall come in filename consisting of underscores. The filename can contain any / one underscores but the version number will come after date and will be separted by underscore String formats ============= ABC_20090815_2.csv... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from two date entries

Hi again: I have this file: "2010-11-1 11:50:00",40894,13.38,17.24,12.92,13.23,"2010-11-14 11:43:02",12.56,"2010-11-14 11:46:02",22.68,20.95,"2010-11-14 11:44:03",2.144,2.078,190.4,14.27,6.293,"2010-11-14 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

extracting date from log file

You are given a 1 year logfile with each line starting with a date in the form “YYYY-MM-DD”. How would you extract logs from the 4th day of each month and put them into a new file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from a log file with date formats

Hello, I have a log file for the year, which contains lines starting with the data in the format of YYYY-MM-DD. I need to get all the lines that contain the DD being 04, how would I do this? I tried using grep "*-*04" but it didn't work. Any quick one liners I should know about? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpickering
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check a file from a certain position and date onwards

Hi Guys, I need some advice please. My script is not grabbing information from a text file from a certain date correctly. It seems to be grabbing everying in the file, i know it is something simple but i have looked to hard and to long, to know what the issue is. Script awk '... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date

To delete log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest date log file date in the respective logs I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files content older than 30 days and append the lastest log file date in the respective logs This is my script cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumarhari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log entries in log files with no Date format? - Efficient logcheck?

is there a way to efficiently monitor logfiles that do not have a date or time format? i have several logs on several different servers that need to be monitored. but i realized writing a script for this would be very complex and time consuming giving the variety of things i need to check for i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting log files based on date and time.

Hi All, i have some log files generated in a folder daily with the format abc.def.20130306.100001 ghi.jkl.20130306.100203 abc.def.20130305.100001 ghi.jkl.20130305.100203 the format is the date followed by time . all i want is to get the files that are generated for todays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)