Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reverse matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reverse matching Post 302511678 by bartus11 on Thursday 7th of April 2011 10:16:45 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Try:
Code:
grep -i pizza "$path/tmpFile.csv" | grep -iv eat > /dev/null
if [ "$?" -eq "0" ]; then 
echo "found"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Reverse DNS

Hello, I'm trying to get reverse dns to point to my domain on network but I'm failing. I am using bind dns with port 53 enabled and my ISP is mediacom. Currently my reverse dns is *.client.mchsi.com and I would like to make it example.com basically. My bind configuration I have 2 records, one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GRMrGecko
4 Replies

5. Programming

String reverse

Hi all, I jus wanna print string b after reversing it. but the out put is blank. My code snippet is below. :wall: int main() { char * a, * b; b = new char; a = new char; int len, le; le = 0; cout<< " enter your string \n"; cin>> a; len = strlen(a); for(int i =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetjoshi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse string matching

Guys, I am trying to find a way to achieve this. I need to print /usr/local/apche/htdocs only from the string /usr/local/apache/htdocs/file.php using the regex. The below did not work. I know a solution with normal cut, I need a way to do this with the awk regex. awk '/+file.php/' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reverse a string

Hi All, I would like to know , how to reverse a given string example : Hi how are you Required Output: you are how HiThanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines above matching line with content from matching

Hi, I have text file: Name: xyz Gender: M Address: "120_B_C; ksilskdj; lsudlfw" Zip: 20392 Name: KLM Gender: F Address: "65_D_F; wnmlsi;lsuod;,...." Zip:90233I want to insert 2 new lines before the 'Address: ' line deriving value from this Address line value The Address value in quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
INFON(6)							   Games Manual 							  INFON(6)

NAME
infon - Program bugs to compete for food and survival SYNOPSIS
infon [-r <renderer>] [-f] [-x <width>] [-y <height>] [-v] [-h] <server[:port]> DESCRIPTION
infon is the graphical viewers for the infon game. Infon is a game which simulates the live of simple bugs who eat, propagate, eat each other and evolve. The players can not control the bugs directly but write their "intelligence" in the simple script language lua and upload it to the game using a plain telnet connection. The code can then be modified even while the game is running. You have to specify the hostname of the server to connect to on the command line. OPTIONS
-r <renderer> Renderer to use (sdl_gui,...) -x <width> Initial screen width -h <height> Initial screen height -f Start in fullscreen mode -v Display version information -h This help server[:port] The server (and port) to connect to. If no port is given, 1234 is used. SEE ALSO
infond(8) AUTHOR
infon was written by Florian Wesch <fw@dividuum.de> This manual page was written by Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). November 21, 2006 INFON(6)