Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - HW compatibility Post 302511668 by sunfire on Thursday 7th of April 2011 09:50:13 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Thx again, it was tested and it works fine... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Program Compatibility

I really Hate the Monopoly Microsoft has over Software, but the fact remains it exists... so I wonder if there was a way to enable Programs Made for Windows and Mac to be Run in Unix as if it was in the Specified OS. Like a Compatibility Wizard. Or in a dual boot computer, for Unix to be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elliandr
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date -d compatibility on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Solaris forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Clearcase compatibility with Solaris 10

Hi, Is Clearcase version 2002.05.00 is supported and compatible with Solaris10? Cheers, Ankur (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 vs Solaris 10 compatibility issues !

Hello, I recently upgraded our system from Solaris 8 to 10. It seems couple of binaries crashed in the new server Solaris 10. Before digging too much on it , from theory it sounds like any binary that is built on Solaris 8 (using gmake) is supposed to be compatible with Solaris 10 , right ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Solaris HW compatibility list

I'm picking HW for my cheap Solaris server and am wondering if there is a decent list of HW compatible with the Solaris OS. The best I could find is this: OTN - Oracle Solaris 11 11/11: Hardware Compatibility List, but it surprises me that only a single motherboard is listed. I am searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Retina display Macbook Pro and Solaris compatibility

Has anyone attempted to install Solaris 11 on a Macbook Pro with the new Retina display? I'm considering setting up a triple boot scenario with Windows 7, Mac OS X and Solaris 11. My goals are to learn the OS better and to gain daily exposure to it by running it as a desktop OS whenever possible. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 compatibility/ucb install

Hi im a newbie to solaris. im given the task to install the compatibility/ucb component my environment is without internet connection. so when i ran the command: pkg install compatibility/ucb i get an error: Unable to contact valid package repository where can i find the download for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
UMCS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UMCS(4)

NAME
umcs -- USB support for serial adapters based on the MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device usb device ucom device umcs Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umcs_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umcs driver provides support for various multiport serial adapters based on the MosCom MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips. They are 2- or 4-port adapters with full-featured 16550-compatible UARTs and very flexible baud generators. Also, these chips support RS422/RS485 and IrDA opera- tions. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). Different ports on device are presented as sub-units, like /dev/ttyU0.1 and /dev/ttyU0.2. HARDWARE
The umcs driver was tested on the following adapters: o ST Lab U-360 two-port serial USB adapter o ST Lab U-400 four-port serial USB adapter SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umcs driver appeared in ports since December of 2010. AUTHORS
The umcs driver was written by Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
This driver doesn't support access to any fine tunes of chip, like RS522/RS485 mode, non-standard baudrates, etc. BSD
February 25, 2012 BSD