Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem installing rhel 6
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat problem installing rhel 6 Post 302511663 by shamapraveen on Thursday 7th of April 2011 09:45:37 AM
Old 04-07-2011
ok i will try to install again and check terminal 3.thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem installing PSP on rhel 5.2 64

hi, i have a problem when i try to install Proliant support pack into a server with rhel 5.2 sv556:#/tmp/psp# ./hpsum -silent ./hpsum: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory i have already installed library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem in installing wine on rhel 6-64bit

I have installled and configured wine on rhel 6 - 64bit system... When i run wine command i faced a problem : wine : could not exec wineserver and when i run wineserver command i got the following error : /usr/local/wine/bin/wineserver : /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 : bad ELF interpreter NO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1. while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error : rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)