Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reverse matching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reverse matching Post 302511662 by fdc2suxs on Thursday 7th of April 2011 09:43:32 AM
Old 04-07-2011
reverse matching

Hello guys

How can I use egrep to match word1 but not word2...word1.

What I mean

suppose that I have the following text, and my word1=pizza and word2=eat

I hate to eat pizza because I ma eating it each day
Pizza is good
I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza
eating healthy food is good, but I can not resist The pizza
what about pizza or do you prefer burger

So I want to get

pizza is good
I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza
what about pizza or do you prefer burger

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Reverse DNS

Hello, I'm trying to get reverse dns to point to my domain on network but I'm failing. I am using bind dns with port 53 enabled and my ISP is mediacom. Currently my reverse dns is *.client.mchsi.com and I would like to make it example.com basically. My bind configuration I have 2 records, one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GRMrGecko
4 Replies

5. Programming

String reverse

Hi all, I jus wanna print string b after reversing it. but the out put is blank. My code snippet is below. :wall: int main() { char * a, * b; b = new char; a = new char; int len, le; le = 0; cout<< " enter your string \n"; cin>> a; len = strlen(a); for(int i =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetjoshi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse string matching

Guys, I am trying to find a way to achieve this. I need to print /usr/local/apche/htdocs only from the string /usr/local/apache/htdocs/file.php using the regex. The below did not work. I know a solution with normal cut, I need a way to do this with the awk regex. awk '/+file.php/' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reverse a string

Hi All, I would like to know , how to reverse a given string example : Hi how are you Required Output: you are how HiThanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines above matching line with content from matching

Hi, I have text file: Name: xyz Gender: M Address: "120_B_C; ksilskdj; lsudlfw" Zip: 20392 Name: KLM Gender: F Address: "65_D_F; wnmlsi;lsuod;,...." Zip:90233I want to insert 2 new lines before the 'Address: ' line deriving value from this Address line value The Address value in quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
GLUDISK(3G)							   OpenGL Manual						       GLUDISK(3G)

NAME
gluDisk - draw a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluDisk(GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops); PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric()). inner Specifies the inner radius of the disk (may be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the disk is subdivided. DESCRIPTION
gluDisk renders a disk on the z = 0 plane. The disk has a radius of outer and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices) and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the disk is considered to be ``outside'' (see gluQuadricOrientation()). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing has been turned on (with gluQuadricTexture()), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r = outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder(), gluNewQuadric(), gluPartialDisk(), gluQuadricOrientation(), gluQuadricTexture(), gluSphere() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLUDISK(3G)