Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX EtherChannel interface ping pelicularity Post 302511617 by GeeMoney on Thursday 7th of April 2011 07:59:00 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad
Very novel idea and I used similar structs in the past. But this time, nagios monitoring is what we are sticking to for simplifying the operations staff's work. So, I have to get this one fixed such that if a ping request comes, only one of the interfaces in an etherchannel should respond, not both.
I never got this fixed either, running a new version of Nagios didn't solve this issue.
I'm now using IP-Monitor for this, and this one runs fine, also using my NIM server to ping the IP-Monitor again :-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with Etherchannel

I'm trying to configure Etherchannel on AIX 5.3 and I'm having some problems. I am aggregating both of the onboard NIC's (ent0 and ent1) into a new adapter ent2 for failover reasons obviously. At first I was experiencing a problem where about 50% of all my packets would be dropped. Then after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX / Etherchannel / VLANs

I have 1 AIX server, 4 dual ported fiber attached ethernet cards and 4 VLANS coming in. Is it possible to present those 8 ports as 1 IP address using etherchannel? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can EtherChannel be a redundancy config?

I have one p5 server, no lpar, 2 physical network adapter, bundle as one EtherChannel. The two 2 physical network adapter connect to 2 network switches. How to make this as a redundancy config? Current is if one physical network adapter down, the seond one will go through the network. but if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. AIX

Aggregated Etherchannel

Hi, I have a AIX5.3 P6-520 with 8x1Gb Ethernet ports with possible connections to 2 CISCO 2960 switches. I can create 8023ad Etherchannels which work correctly with the switches (I have set up for LACP passive and a valid channels) But can create 2x 8023ad 4Gb Etherchannels with no backups.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitzie
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Linux load balancer ping redirect to other interface

Im configuring centos with load balance with ip route and ip rule Eth0 192.168.1.5 Eth1 192.168.5.128 # ip route 192.168.5.0/24 dev eth1 scope link src 192.168.5.128 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.5 169.254.0.0/16 dev eth1 scope link # ip route show... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadinetcat
2 Replies

8. AIX

Etherchannel failover testing

Hi Guys, I am trying to test an etherchannel failover and switchback. I did failover from primary to backup adapter, but now I am not able to switch it back to primary. phcxxxxx:/ > entstat -d ent4 | grep Active Active channel: backup adapter ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
icinga(8)							      nagios								 icinga(8)

NAME
icinga - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
icinga [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
icinga is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.icinga.org, or on your Icinga server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On debian systems this defaults to /etc/icinga/icinga.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Icinga. -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Icinga in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/icinga Default configuration directory for Icinga AUTHOR
Icinga was started as Nagios by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. Icinga is maintained by the Icinga Project <info@icinga.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others). sean finney March 2010 icinga(8)