Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500 Post 302511515 by sharique on Thursday 7th of April 2011 02:57:48 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Question

I can already do upto 1500 bytes in MTU size, I wish to know how to access upto 4000 bytes to take advantage of FDDI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prevent file size is too large

We have EDP members will do some testing job in my system , but sometimes these process will generate some error to the system log or any file ( usually the members don't know the log is reached to this level ) , then make the system crashed , could suggest the way how can to prevent this problem ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing a large size file

I would like to edit a doc which is large file size. I can't use "vi" command due to out of memory. $ vi large.dat ex: 0602-101 Out of memory saving lines for undo. Please help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0821-077 ping: illegal packet size.

Hi, When i try this command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net -n 3 | grep icmp it gives following error :mad:: 0821-077 ping: illegal packet size. But when i give command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net It returns correct output.:D Could you please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to get network packet size

how to get network packet size I would like get network output rate(kb/sec) I type command "netstat -i" Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs 653387 0 678202 0 but i didn't know what is it packet size , how could i get it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096 bytes. Linux has /etc/network/interfaces. Does ANYONE remember the equivalent in Unix? When I do ifconfig eth0 mtu 4000, I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

TCP Packet size

Hi! I'm writing an application (using BSD sockets on a Linux host) which communicates over TCP/IP with an embedded device. This embedded device has an old and real slow integrated circuit (Epson S1S6000) which handles all of the TCP/IP communication for it. Problem is, this circuit (S1S6000)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olle
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 2.6 looking for ARP/RARP packet

Hi Everybody :) This is my first post concerning Solaris 2.6 trying to boot on a Tadpole SparcBook 3. I bought the laptop from somebody who configured it for his network. For the moment I want it as a non-networked standalone machine, or at least have that option. On trying to boot I get an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuBiLeE_50_05
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Empty directory, large size and performance

Hi, I've some directory that I used as working directory for a program. At the end of the procedure, the content is deleted. This directory, when I do a ls -l, appears to still take up some space. After a little research, I've seen on a another board of this forum that it's not really taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdx
5 Replies

9. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large Variable content size caveats?

Hi, I wrote a shell script, which let me manage dns records through an api. The raw core-command looks like about this: output="$(curl -X GET https://mgt.myserver.de:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones)"The output contains a list of all zones with all records and is about 800 Kilobytes... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
9 Replies
Sys::Virt::Stream(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Sys::Virt::Stream(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Virt::Stream - Represent & manage a libvirt stream DESCRIPTION
The "Sys::Virt::Stream" module represents a stream managed by the virtual machine monitor. METHODS
my $st Sys::Virt::Stream->new($conn, $flags); Creates a new data stream, ready for use with a stream based API. The optional $flags parameter can be used to configure the stream as non-blocking $st->abort() Abort I/O on the stream. Either this function or "finish" must be called on any stream which has been activated $st->finish() Complete I/O on the stream. Either this function or "abort" must be called on any stream which has been activated $rv = $st->recv($data, $nbytes) Receive upto $nbytes worth of data, copying into $data. Returns the number of bytes read, or -2 if I/O would block, or -1 on error. $rv = $st->send($data, $nbytes) Send upto $nbytes worth of data, copying from $data. Returns the number of bytes sent, or -2 if I/O would block, or -1 on error. $st->recv_all($handler) Receive all data available from the stream, invoking $handler to process the data. The $handler parameter must be a function which expects three arguments, the $st stream object, a scalar containing the data received and a data byte count. The function should return the number of bytes processed, or -1 upon error. $st->send_all($handler) Send all data produced by $handler to the stream. The $handler parameter must be a function which expects three arguments, the $st stream object, a scalar which must be filled with data and a maximum data byte count desired. The function should return the number of bytes filled, 0 on end of file, or -1 upon error $st->add_callback($events, $coderef) Register a callback to be invoked whenever the stream has one or more events from $events mask set. The $coderef must be a subroutine that expects 2 parameters, the original $st object and the new $events mask $st->update_callback($events) Change the event mask for a previously registered callback to $events $st->remove_callback(); Remove a previously registered callback CONSTANTS
Sys::Virt::Stream::NONBLOCK Create a stream which will not block when performing I/O Sys::Virt::Stream::EVENT_READABLE The stream has data available for read without blocking Sys::Virt::Stream::EVENT_WRITABLE The stream has ability to write data without blocking Sys::Virt::Stream::EVENT_ERROR An error occurred on the stream Sys::Virt::Stream::EVENT_HANGUP The remote end of the stream closed AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Red Hat Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Daniel P. Berrange LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (either version 2 of the License, or at your option any later version), or, the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Sys::Virt, Sys::Virt::Error, "http://libvirt.org" perl v5.14.2 2012-05-21 Sys::Virt::Stream(3pm)