Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500 Post 302511514 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 7th of April 2011 02:55:03 AM
Old 04-07-2011
Code:
# ifconfig hme0 mtu 1492

should work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prevent file size is too large

We have EDP members will do some testing job in my system , but sometimes these process will generate some error to the system log or any file ( usually the members don't know the log is reached to this level ) , then make the system crashed , could suggest the way how can to prevent this problem ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing a large size file

I would like to edit a doc which is large file size. I can't use "vi" command due to out of memory. $ vi large.dat ex: 0602-101 Out of memory saving lines for undo. Please help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0821-077 ping: illegal packet size.

Hi, When i try this command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net -n 3 | grep icmp it gives following error :mad:: 0821-077 ping: illegal packet size. But when i give command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net It returns correct output.:D Could you please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to get network packet size

how to get network packet size I would like get network output rate(kb/sec) I type command "netstat -i" Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs 653387 0 678202 0 but i didn't know what is it packet size , how could i get it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096 bytes. Linux has /etc/network/interfaces. Does ANYONE remember the equivalent in Unix? When I do ifconfig eth0 mtu 4000, I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

TCP Packet size

Hi! I'm writing an application (using BSD sockets on a Linux host) which communicates over TCP/IP with an embedded device. This embedded device has an old and real slow integrated circuit (Epson S1S6000) which handles all of the TCP/IP communication for it. Problem is, this circuit (S1S6000)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olle
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 2.6 looking for ARP/RARP packet

Hi Everybody :) This is my first post concerning Solaris 2.6 trying to boot on a Tadpole SparcBook 3. I bought the laptop from somebody who configured it for his network. For the moment I want it as a non-networked standalone machine, or at least have that option. On trying to boot I get an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuBiLeE_50_05
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Empty directory, large size and performance

Hi, I've some directory that I used as working directory for a program. At the end of the procedure, the content is deleted. This directory, when I do a ls -l, appears to still take up some space. After a little research, I've seen on a another board of this forum that it's not really taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdx
5 Replies

9. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large Variable content size caveats?

Hi, I wrote a shell script, which let me manage dns records through an api. The raw core-command looks like about this: output="$(curl -X GET https://mgt.myserver.de:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones)"The output contains a list of all zones with all records and is about 800 Kilobytes... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)