Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is the difference between GCC and CC? Post 302511471 by andrewust on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 11:06:07 PM
Old 04-07-2011
Bug What is the difference between GCC and CC?

Can anyone briefly tell me the difference between CC and GCC? Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Installing gcc

Hi all I'm trying to install the latest version of gcc but I keep getting this message on make; gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I./../zlib -I./../include -W -Wall -pedantic -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -O2 -c jartool.c jartool.c:234: getopt.h: No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
3 Replies

2. Programming

warning from gcc

I get this error warning. test.c: In function 'main': test.c:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset' After compiling this code #include <stdio.h> int main() { char pBuffer; memset(pBuffer, 0, 32); return 0; } What seems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sledge76
2 Replies

3. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Programming

Not able to run gcc

Hi, I am working with solaris 9(SunOS mgsun 5.9 Generic_112233-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100).I install the gcc 3.4.6 from sunfreeware website and when I am trying to run it,I am getting the error-- # gcc ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC installation .

I m trying to Install FTP (vsftpd-2.3.2) on my linux machine. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: EnterpriseEnterpriseServer Description: Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Carthage)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

8. Programming

gcc problem

Hi, I just try to solve the problem why one app failing on box1 and runs ok on box2, they have diff gcc version as I see from /proc/version: box1:: 3.4.1 box2:: 4.1.2 It's RedHat 64b boxes, so I can not run some <make all> command on box1, do you think I need to upgrade (if I'm using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mario17
1 Replies

9. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)						      General Commands Manual							pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)