Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc Post 302511451 by jtollefson on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 08:06:21 PM
Old 04-06-2011
If they're looking at end-user performance issues I'd have the Sybase DBA's check the databases as well. Make sure that they don't need some tuning.
This User Gave Thanks to jtollefson For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Causes of high runq-sz and cswch/s output from sar

Hi folks, I'm running RHEL4 (2.6.9 - 64 bit) on a 4 CPU Dual Core Xeon. This server is running DB2 database. I've been getting the following readings from sar over the past week: 09:35:01 AM cswch/s 09:40:01 AM 4774.95 09:45:01 AM 27342.76 09:50:02 AM 196015.02 09:55:01 AM... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulat2k
8 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

High Performance Computing

I am interested in setting up some High Performance Computing clusters and would like to get people's views and experiences on this. I have 2 requirements: 1. Compute clusters to do fast cpu intensive computations 2. Storage clusters of parallel and extendable filesystems spread across many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
6 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

What does high performance computing mean?

Sorry, I am not really from a computer science background. But from the subject of it, does it mean something like multi processor programming? distributed computing? like using erlang? Sound like it, which excite me. I just had a 3 day crash course in erlang and "Cocurrency oriented programming"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
7 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

High performance Linkpack

hello everyone , Im new to HPL. i wanted to know whether High performance linpack solves linear system of equations for single precision airthmatic on LINUX. it works for double precision , so is there any HPL version which is for single precision.\ thanks . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_viz
0 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies
Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase - Provides mutual exclusion using Sybase SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase; my $locker = new Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase; $locker->acquire_read_lock($ref); $locker->acquire_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_read_lock($ref); $locker->release_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_all_locks($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase fulfills the locking interface of Apache::Session. Mutual exclusion is achieved through the use of Sybase's sp_getapplock and sp_releaseapplock functions. Sybase does not support the notion of read and write locks, so this module only supports exclusive locks. When you request a shared read lock, it is instead promoted to an exclusive write lock. CONFIGURATION
The module must know how to connect to your MySQL database to acquire locks. You must provide a datasource name, a user name, and a password. These options are passed in the usual Apache::Session style, and are very similar to the options for Apache::Session::Store::Sybase. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { LockDataSource => 'dbi:sybase:database', LockUserName => 'database_user', LockPassword => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { LockHandle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This module was written by Oliver Maul <oli@42.nu>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Lock::Sybase(3pm)