Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bash script to copy files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to copy files Post 302511442 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 07:42:34 PM
Old 04-06-2011
Thanks Nevyn, I always added -r with -a (Lucky I never needed to copy all the files in a directory without sub dirs, or I would have found my misunderstanding at the expense of syncing a heap of files I didn't want to!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Bash backup script (includes copy, test-

Basically it's for a work assignment. Have to make a menu with the following choices ***************menu********************* 1) Show Current Directory 2) Dispaly Current Time and Date 3) Copy 4) Change Password 5) write directory to file 6) Edit File Directory 7) Make backup from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Covax
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy timestamps of multiple files

Hi, I have a bunch of media files in a directory that have been converted (from MTS to MOV format), so my directory contains something like this: clip1.mts clip1.mov clip2.mts clip2.mov The problem is that the .mov files that have been created have the timestamps of the conversion task,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krakus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files with script

Hello, I have written a script to copy files from one partion to another. Not sure if this is correct. #!/bin/sh CDR_SOURCE=/storage/archive/logmgmt/result/billing/ CDR_DEST=/storage4/archive/logmgmt/result/billing/ cp $CDR_SOURCE $CDR_DEST; exit 0 The CDR_SOURCE folder has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error on script to copy files

Hi I have the following script to copy files from one directory to another: #!/bin/sh touch -mt 201304240000 /var/tmp/ref1 touch -mt 201305152359 /var/tmp/ref2 find /moneta_collected02/in_psl -type f \( -newer /var/tmp/ref1 -a ! -newer /var/tmp/ref2 \) > file_lst cp -pr $(< file_lst)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory

Our Apache log files are written to a location on the server that we as clients have no access. Don't ask. Every month, I have to e-mail the administrator to have him manually copy our Apache log files to a directory in our file space. You can probably guess how efficient it is to do things this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregraven
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for checking and copy Daily files and send an email

Hello, Trying to get a bash for files received on daily basis and want to copy those files to different directory and send an email notification if file exists then send the file counts else Alert with no file received. FileName format: DailyTransaction_2015-03-09_ 200.csv before 200 their is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
1 Replies

9. Programming

Program or bash script to see total progress of copy

hi all, i want a program or to make a bash script to find out the total ETA/percent (would be nice aswell a progress bar) of a copy recursive command so lets say i do - cp -r /source_folder/ /destinatation_folder/ and when i run it i get no information on the screen of how the copy is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy subfolder and files to matching directory

The bash executes but returns no results and the set -xv showed while the $run variable in blue, was extracted correctly, the $match value in green, was not, rather both values in home/cmccabe/Desktop/f1 were extracted not just the matching. There will always be an exact match from the $run to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
FcFileScan(3)															     FcFileScan(3)

NAME
FcFileScan - scan a font file SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lfontconfig [ library... ] #include <fontconfig.h> FcBool FcFileScan (FcFontSet *set, FcStrSet *dirs, FcFileCache *cache, FcBlanks *blanks, const FcChar8 *file, FcBool force); DESCRIPTION
Scans a single file and adds all fonts found to set. If force is FcTrue, then the file is scanned even if associated information is found in cache. If file is a directory, it is added to dirs. Whether fonts are found depends on fontconfig policy as well as the current config- uration. Internally, fontconfig will ignore BDF and PCF fonts which are not in Unicode (or the effectively equivalent ISO Latin-1) encoding as those are not usable by Unicode-based applications. The configuration can ignore fonts based on filename or contents of the font file itself. Returns FcFalse if any of the fonts cannot be added (due to allocation failure). Otherwise returns FcTrue. VERSION
Fontconfig version 2.5.0 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfontconfig | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |See XInitThreads(3X11) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ 13 November 2007 FcFileScan(3)