Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make -j dependency
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers make -j dependency Post 302511353 by laopi on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 03:42:55 PM
Old 04-06-2011
make -j dependency

Hi,

I had a make file, something like that,

all:
cd dir1; make
cd dir2; make

the problem is the makefile under dir2 need some objs from dir1, so I need to set some dependency let dir2 run only after the dir1 run is done.

how to set the dependency?

Thanks.

peter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process dependency

how to find all the processes associated with a given process in unix,is there any command for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dependency problems with Fedora7

Hey guys, I installed Fedora7 from DVD yesterday. I have previously worked with RHEL4 and Fedora4(As of RPM based systems). I used to copy all the rpms from the media to a directory. #mkdir /rpms #copy /path_to_rpms_in_media/* /rpms/ My intention for doing this was to get around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Dependency problem

Hi all am new to solaris ............ i installed amanda client pkg that time am getting lots of dependency problem.......... is there any Yum server like things in solaris Regards ' prAn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pran
8 Replies

4. Programming

Simple Makefile Problem (with a dependency)

Hi all, I have 4 '.cpp' files and 1 header files: Tools.cpp Code1.cpp Code2.cpp Code3.cpp and Tools.hh Now all Code1.cpp, Code2.cpp, Code3.cpp use functions stored in Tools.cpp. Currently, what I do to compile all of them is using this simple shell script: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

6. Programming

Fortran dependency checking

Hello, I'm creating an add-on for a large piece of software written in Fortran. In my directory I reference subroutines in other directories, which in turn reference more subroutines. I'm running into trouble because on occasion the developers of the main software change some sub calls. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kudude
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Library dependency coming out of nowhere

I'm building on a HP-UX ia64 system. During building, I'm getting an error ld: Can't find dependent library "libnnz10.so" Nowhere in my makefile do I link with this library. This library is there in the directory /databases/oracle10.2.0_64BIT/lib. I'm having two source files ora8ibulk.cpp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Changing executable dependency

hello, can anyone help in changing the executable dependency on a certain shared library. eg, .. say i am having an executable by name utest. when i run UNIX ldd command on it then it shows the libraries on which it depends as follows: ldd release/utest release/utest needs: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Dependency Printing

Gurus, I came across a typical requirement where the input is like- TRANS FIRM DEPT CUST TRANS CUST TRANS DEPT FIRM CUST & the expected Output is- CUST DEPT FIRM TRANS This is basically a dependency list for processing the tables where FIRM is feeding data to TRANS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapeeljoshi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the missing dependency from two files

#cat hwlock-full.dep libx11-6 >= 1.4.4 libz1 >= 1.2.7 libtinfo5 >= 5.9 libxcb1 >= 1.8.1 numactl >= 2.0.8+rc4 libpixman-1-0 >= 0.29.2 libxml2 >= 2.7.8 libxext6 >= 1.3.1 libxrender1 >= 0.9.7 libfreetype6 >= 2.4.9 libxcb-render0 >= 1.8.1 libcairo2 >= 1.12.14 libc6 >= 2.15 libxcb-shm0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)						    Box Backup							RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)

NAME
raidfile-config - Configure Box Backup's RAID files SYNOPSIS
raidfile-config config-dir blocksize dir1 [dir2 [dir3]] DESCRIPTION
raidfile-config creates a raidfile.conf file for Box Backup. This file holds information about the directories used to store backups in. Box Backup supports userland RAID, in a restricted RAID5 configuration, where 3 and only 3 'drives' are supported. You can read more about RAID5 (and other RAID-levels) here[1]. Parameters The parameters are as follows: config-dir The directory path where configuration files are located. Usually this is /etc/box. raidfile.conf will be written in this directory. blocksize The block size used for file storage in the system, in bytes. Using a multiple of the file system block size is a good strategy. Depending on the size of the files you will be backing up, this multiple varies. Of course it also depends on the native block size of your file system. dir1 The first directory in the built-in RAID array. dir2 The second directory in the built-in RAID array. If you are not using the built-in RAID functionality, this field should be ignored. You should not use the built-in RAID if you have a hardware RAID solution or if you're using another type of software RAID (like md on Linux). dir3 The third directory in the built-in RAID array. The same notes that apply to dir2 also apply to dir3. Note that there are currently no way to add multiple disk sets to the raidfile.conf file using command line tools, etc. See raidfile.conf(5) for details on adding more disks. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[2], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. FILES
raidfile-config generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), raidfile.conf(5) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks#RAID_5 2. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)