Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps not working in Linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ps not working in Linux Post 302511303 by garagonp on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 12:01:22 PM
Old 04-06-2011
No it is not working, not returning what Im looking for, using:

ps -ef|grep pmon

I got all results like:

oracle 1683 1 0 Mar31 ? 00:00:00 ora_pmon_XXXX
oracle 2609 1 0 Apr03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_YYYY
oracle 2689 1 0 2010 ? 00:03:27 ora_pmon_ZZZZ

so, to get only the last column Im using:

ps -ef -o comm|grep pmon

but not working on linux, not even using:

ps ef -o|grep pmon

not returning results

---------- Post updated at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:57 AM ----------

This is what I was looking for:

ps -eo cmd|grep pmon

Tks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

linux and win nt working together

I was wondering if anybody knew how to make linux and win nt and a novell server integrated there will be no workstations we are trying to get the servers together now we are currently working on Novel and NT and then we want to integrate the linux server into that. We know that we need Samba but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnewbie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to get mail working on a Linux machine

I tried using the mail command on one of our Linux machines to send email, and it works fine. I tried using the same command on another one of our Linux machines, and it didn't work (no error message was returned either). The machine that works has the following version information:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
2 Replies

3. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

4. Red Hat

Linux - scripts not working in cron

hi all, i have scripts executable in manully, but not working in cron. any ideas? thanks a lot? * * * * * /home/dir/dir/file.sh #! /bin/sh alarmPath="/home/dir/monitoringAlarm" alarmDateTime="$(date +%Y%m%d) $(date +%H%M%S)" tomcatPID=`pidof /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java` echo "tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux - scripts not working in cron

hi all, i have scripts executable in manully, but not working in cron. any ideas? thanks a lot? * * * * * /home/dir/dir/file.sh #! /bin/sh alarmPath="/home/dir/monitoringAlarm" alarmDateTime="$(date +%Y%m%d) $(date +%H%M%S)" tomcatPID=`pidof /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_13/bin/java` echo "tomcat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK command working different in Linux

Hi All I have fired a command in linux table=`echo ${file_name} | awk '{FS="/"; print $NF}' | awk '{FS="."; print $1}'` where file_name has /data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/backfill/temp/etl_app_info.csv /data/ds/dpr_ebicm_uat/backfill/temp/etl_app_jobs.csv ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in Linux

It is working fine in HPUX, but not in LINUX. Can you please advise how to tweak this script for LINUX? Please help! ;rename the file to use uppercase letters set DCLcom = concat("mv $", filename, " $", uc_file_dir) call echo(DCLcom) set DCLlen = size(trim(DCLcom)) set DCLstatus... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Curl to download using Linux not working

Good Morning. I'm trying to download a file from a server. I was able to upload to the server successfully but when i download, i see the file name in my server but with some unknow data. The file name i'm trying to download is abcd.zip in binary mode. curl -1 -v --ftp-pasv -o abcd.zip -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar19
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx not working on Linux

Hi, telnet localhost 25 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. 220 TechBun ESMTP Postfix This command echo "hi" | mail -v me@mycomp.com does not send mail to my inbox and i get the below output. Upon investigation i saw this log file tail -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
COMM(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   COMM(1)

NAME
comm -- select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123i] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which should be sorted lexically, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. The filename ``-'' means the standard input. The following options are available: -1 Suppress printing of column 1. -2 Suppress printing of column 2. -3 Suppress printing of column 3. -i Case insensitive comparison of lines. Each column will have a number of tab characters prepended to it equal to the number of lower numbered columns that are being printed. For example, if column number two is being suppressed, lines printed in column number one will not have any tabs preceding them, and lines printed in column number three will have one. The comm utility assumes that the files are lexically sorted; all characters participate in line comparisons. DIAGNOSTICS
The comm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1) STANDARDS
The comm utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
A comm command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD