Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: executing a command based on organized output Post 302511297 by Zookpr on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 11:34:05 AM
Old 04-06-2011
Thanks Chubler_XL. That shortens things up. I figured there was an easier/better way to get what I needed. I'm using a lot of pipes until I figure out the proper way to do things. I'm getting a lot of good information from this site and the folks here.
Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i tell my bash shell script to test the output of a command against something

How do i tell my bash shell script to test the output of the command i'm using?? I want this script to look for lines not equal to 1 then let me know.. $ cat blah ; echo ---- ; cat blah.sh 1 fe 1 fi 1 fo 0 fum 1 blahda 1 blah 0 blahh 1 bla 1 bl 1 blahhh ---- #!/bin/bash while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output from a command into bash script

Hi all. I am using procmail to deliver an email to a script I am developing. Procmail delivers the email to the script on standard input. I imagine this is the same as piping input from a command into the script. Hence I've been testing my script by running echo 'test' | sms-autosend-backup.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akindo
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slatoms
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 2 lines from File, Run Command based off output

Okay, so I have a file containing line after line of three digit numbers. I need a script that does an action based on the last two numbers in this list. So.... To get the last two numbers, I can have the script do tail -2 filename.txt But where I run into trouble is as follows. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - command is executing but do nothing without complaining

Hello. This part of script do nothing but no complain. Here the directory content : The script run by root cd /root CMD="rmdir -p -v --ignore-fail-on-non-empty .ssh" echo $CMD $CMD The ouput linux:~/bin # ./test_05 rmdir -p -v --ignore-fail-on-non-empty .ssh rmdir: removing directory,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use bash command on awk field and output the result

Hello, I want to run a field from an awk command through a command in bash. For example my input file is 1,2,3 20,30,40 60,70,80 I want tot run $2 thought the command date +%d/%m/%y -d"01/01/15 + $2 days -1 day" and get the output 1,02/01/15,3 20,30/01/15,40 60,11/03/15,80 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sed command inside a bash script

I want to run commands inside a bash script. An example is I want to pass the command in a string as regexp as an argument to the script, then run sed on the bash variable sed.sh regexp sed.sh "-i \"s/<p>//g\"" then call sed "$regexp" $fl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
3 Replies
PPI::Token::Prototype(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::Prototype(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Prototype - A subroutine prototype descriptor INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::End isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
sub ($@) prototype; DESCRIPTION
Although it sort of looks like a list or condition, a subroutine prototype is a lot more like a string. Its job is to provide hints to the perl compiler on what type of arguments a particular subroutine expects, which the compiler uses to validate parameters at compile-time, and allows programmers to use the functions without explicit parameter braces. Due to the rise of OO Perl coding, which ignores these prototypes, they are most often used to allow for constant-like things, and to "extend" the language and create things that act like keywords and core functions. # Create something that acts like a constant sub MYCONSTANT () { 10 } # Create the "any" core-looking function sub any (&@) { ... } if ( any { $_->cute } @babies ) { ... } METHODS
This class provides one additional method beyond those defined by the PPI::Token and PPI::Element parent classes. prototype The "prototype" accessor returns the actual prototype pattern, stripped of braces and any whitespace inside the pattern. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Prototype(3)