Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted Post 302511131 by aixromeo on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 02:42:12 AM
Old 04-06-2011
HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted

Hi,

I want to use the service IP incase for any network activity rather than the persistent IP as the Persistent IP is blacklisted in our network. Is there any way
to make the service ip as LPARs default IP to be used as the lpars source IP incase it pings anything or acceses any external machine?

Or is there a workaround for this? Smilie

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Persistent variable

I found a way to make a numeric variable persistent for a script : #!/bin/bash function Persist() { # 1:Expression like VARIABLE=Value (numeric) local V=${1%=*} eval "$1" sed -i "s/^$V=*/$1/" $(which $(basename $0)) || return 1 }And how to use itAA=12 read -p "Enter a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frans
2 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to add persistent IP

i am trying to make HACMP but when i add a persistent ip, error shows unable to determine address for 'UPIDGIS1_pers' pls help me out AIX - 5.3 HACMP -5.4 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

aggr not persistent after a reboot

All, I hope someone can help me on my problem with an aggregate, as I am a Solaris noob. I tried doing this according to the official documentation from Oracle (unfortunately, as a new user to the forum, I may not post URLs...) and also googled a lot around, but have not found any solution yet.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captainquark
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Persistent boot disks issue

Hi all, please i need your help urgently I am faced to a serious boot disks issue on an Sun Fire E2900. The system run with two disque in zpool . The operating system is Solaris 10 (ZFS) The first time the issue occured, i got the error below on the two disks: Apr 7 08:04:33... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saki_jumeau
0 Replies

6. War Stories

Why am I persistent to be WRONG!

:wall::wall::wall::wall: I am sharing some techno-geeky-work related issue, which can best be dissected here only. I am expecting more of a discussion,as serious as when two guys sharing experience over smoke and beer. The thing is, till now i have been only a student, so never cared about how... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
10 Replies

7. Programming

Python Request Persistent

I noticed that when attempting to download videos from the url, I receive a 403 forbidden when I get through to a certain point in my downloads. I can download a third of the videos but will error: Retrieving file 'blah-video.f4v'... Traceback (most recent call last): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

UNIX.com is mail-blacklisted

Hi, I just registered to this forums using an e-mail address where the activation mail never was received. Thanks to Scott who activated my account by hand. So I looked up unix.com in blacklists on mxtoolbox.com (I'm not yet allowed to post URLs...) and found that the site is blacklisted in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rse
3 Replies

9. Linux

Add persistent route in cent os 6.5

Hi , I have cent os 6.5 and am trying to make few routes permanent for bond: i have added two routes using below two commands : /sbin/route add -net 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 gw 10.59.160.128 /sbin/route add -net 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 gw 49.44.52.90 post which route command output is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
5 Replies

10. AIX

BootIP vs Persistent IP in HACMP

I have done other clusters (HP MC/Service Guard and oracle Clusters, and RHEL Cluster services), and have good idea about hacmp (a little older knowledge). However the term "Boot IP" for some reason is messing with my head. Have not done HACMP since the 4.1.2.X days. Is the Bootip the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)