Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) How to execute a command when system boots? Post 302511025 by tlarkin on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 02:29:18 PM
Old 04-05-2011
Do you want it to run 1) globally at every boot regardless of any users logging in or not, 2) only when a user logs in, or 3) only when specific users log in?

The answer is launchd and it is quite easy, but I need more info to give you an example.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 433 boots into command line.

Hi All, I have an AIX 433 workstation that keeps booting into command mode. It was booting into CDE for a long time now. Suddenly now it boots into command line mode. No errors while booting up. Do not see anything in errpt. Don' t know where to start from.. Can any one please help me..thanks. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
2 Replies

2. AIX

Execute a command at the system restart

Hi Folks, I have an AIX server and I would like the server to run the command saprouter -r at every system restarts. It needs to be run by a specific user. How would I do that? Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brookingsd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ?

How to remotely execute a script (.COM ) on a VMS system ? rsh ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ivancleber
1 Replies

4. Programming

c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters

Hello, I 've trie to execute a a program with parameters unsuccessfully and i take the above message : "The system cannot find the path specified." I used a variaton of the above command : system("\"C:\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe -xxx -xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx\""); Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eusta
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute piped command using exec or system

Hi All, I want to execute a piped command like 'ls /opt | grep xml' using array as parameters list. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharadiaam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script in different system

Hi, I have a shell script in systemA and another shell script in systemB. when I execute the script in systemA, it should call the another script in systemB. Please tell me the way to do this. Thanks, Raja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

execute command when Ubuntu boots up ?

hey all,, I want to add comments when Ubuntu starts up.. now I know that there is a directory called /etc/init.d which I can place my scripts there to run them at Ubuntu's startup.. but I prefer if there would be a file which runs when Ubuntu starts!! because it is only one command. not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 system boots into Maintenance mode

I have seen similar threads on this issue, but I have not seen a fix. Basically I am getting a lot of rcp bind errors. Below find the output of "svcs -xv". not sure where to begin: # svcs -xv svc:/network/rpc/bind:default (RPC bindings) State: maintenance since Fri May 25 14:13:18 2012... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
14 Replies

9. Red Hat

Systemd booting and execute system command is Not successful!help!

hi guys, booting centos7 and use systemd execute system command ulimit -SHn 202400 is fail.i dont know what's reason.can you give me help. ------------------------------------------ set-ulimit.service Description=test service After=systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service #the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shean
1 Replies
MUCOUS(1)							Museek Daemon Plus							 MUCOUS(1)

NAME
Mucous - Python / Curses client for museek SYNOPSIS
mucous [-c <filename>] [--config <filename>] [-l <directory>] [--log <directory>] [-v] [--version] [-h] [--help] DESCRIPTION
Mucous provides a interface for the Museek Daemon for chatting, transferring files, managing users and browsing shares on the Soulseek P2P network and Soulfind Servers. You will need a configured museekd(1). OPTIONS
Mucous accepts the following options: -c <filename>, --config <filename> Use a different config file. -l <directory>, --log <directory> Use a different chat log directory. -v, --version Display Version and exit. -h, --help Display Help and exit. EXAMPLE
To run this program the standard way type: mucous Alternativly you use a different config file with: mucous --config config Or a different chat logging directory with: mucous --log logdir ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
TERM Specifies the type of Terminal; changes the way mucous displays color. For XTerm: xterm-color For aterm or rxvt: rxvt For urxvt: rxvt-unicode FILES
~/.mucous/config The default location for the mucous config file. ~/.mucous/logs/ The default directory for chat logs. ~/.mucous/logs/room/ The directory where chat room logs are stored. ~/.mucous/logs/private/ The directory where private chat logs are stored. ~/.mucous/$USER.image The file where a user's userinfo image is saved. AUTHORS
daelstorm <daelstorm@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
mulog(1) murmur(1) muscan(1) muscand(1) museekcontrol(1) museekd(1) museeq(1) musetup(1) musetup-gtk(1) daelstorm Release 0.8.0 MUCOUS(1)