Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu Post 302511020 by pipsonian on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 02:01:17 PM
Old 04-05-2011
Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much.
I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7.
How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and forth b/w windows and Ubuntu.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing X application from remote

Hi, I need to access X application like xclock( running on remote solaris box) on my local windows machine. I know we have some X-win 32 s/f.. Tried with it , but not succesfull. Do we have any other software to access solaris X application from local windows system. What all setups are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing windows server

Hello guys, i have a scenario that i need to run some commands on a unix machine and them connect on a windows server machine stop some services and them back to the Unix machine do another commands.. There is a way to do that with shell script? tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddock
1 Replies

3. Linux

accessing a Debial home doc when booted ob Ubuntu

Sure it's been covered before my key words probably wrong for search, but I have a triple boot operate mostly in Ubuntu and would like to access debian files to see them without re-booting My first post and great to be here Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

4. Solaris

accessing windows machine

hi , Please tell me how can i access windows machine from solaris OS.how can i share one drive or folder in windows for solaris please give me the step whatever it required thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accessing windows files from unix

Hello, I am new to Unix and I would like to know how can I see my files from Windows desktop. When I type ls, I can see a list of files-directories including Desktop, but when I cd Desktop, and then ls there is a message 'Link to old Desktop'. (The big picture is to build a sundials library but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s097
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Accessing global-zone installed application

Hi, Is it possible to access application installed on global-zone from a non-global zone? Is there any configuration to achieve the above requirement? Tried looking up information but unable to find. Thanks in advance. Eugene (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for application that simplifies for non techie people accessing unix/linux env

Hello all I searched the net but didn't found any application that wrap ssh connection with GUI interface so that non techie people can connect to unix/linux accounts and work with files , so it will looks like there familiar Microsoft windows directory structure . Please don't answer with ..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all, I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command: svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

10. Debian

How to run windows application in Ubuntu?

HI ! all I have some model which works fine in windows 7 OS with matlab program I want to run all those from Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit OS. is there any provision to run windows applications? wine I tried, its not working, if any other available kindly explain the usage also Note : Dual boot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)