Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Permission denied issue on a Shared drive Post 302510951 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 11:07:05 AM
Old 04-05-2011
That's not going to help.

Maybe you can enable more debugging in Samba to see why it's refusing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission denied issue

hello I m trying to enter in a folder through my script but getting permission denied error .. Is there any command or somthing else so that i can access these folder through my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

5. Linux

Help with RT 4.0.4 Installation-Mason permission denied issue

Hi, I am trying to install RT 4.0.4 on Centos 6. I am almost done with the installation. However, when i try to start my web server (Apache - user: apache, group: apache) i get the following error: Starting httpd: : (in cleanup) Error while loading /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server: Cannot create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtipx_user
0 Replies

6. AIX

Permission Denied issue on AIX 6.1 using Root

I have the following problem on my AIX 6.1 server. I logged in with Root ID to this folder etc/opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib I try changing the folder permission but I keep getting this output : chmod: /opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib: Permission Denied I did a listing on it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdsweet98
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ISSUE : bash: cd: /rep/prok: Permission denied

Hi All, i have two accounts with acl permissions. I need to provide read access to both users. for one user s109552 "cd" is not working. drwxrws---+ 8 cvsadmin reto 1024 Aug 23 2011 reto su5sr117# su - s109553 $ bash bash-3.2$ cd /rep/reto bash-3.2$ pwd <-------- it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
VFS_ACL_XATTR(8)					    System Administration tools 					  VFS_ACL_XATTR(8)

NAME
vfs_acl_xattr - Save NTFS-ACLs in Extended Attributes (EAs) SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = acl_xattr DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The vfs_acl_xattr VFS module stores NTFS Access Control Lists (ACLs) in Extended Attributes (EAs). This enables the full mapping of Windows ACLs on Samba servers. The ACLs are stored in the Extended Attribute security.NTACL of a file or directory. This Attribute is not listed by getfattr -d filename. To show the current value, the name of the EA must be specified (e.g. getfattr -n security.NTACL filename). This module is stackable. OPTIONS
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = [yes|no] When set to yes, a best effort mapping from/to the POSIX ACL layer will not be done by this module. The default is no, which means that Samba keeps setting and evaluating both the system ACLs and the NT ACLs. This is better if you need your system ACLs be set for local or NFS file access, too. If you only access the data via Samba you might set this to yes to achieve better NT ACL compatibility. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_ACL_XATTR(8)