Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to load data by calling sqlldr Post 302510930 by msrahman on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 10:28:03 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Perl script to load data by calling sqlldr

Hello all,
I know this is Unix forum, but i also know that there are some experts here who can help me out with this situation;

I am loading a data file into oracle table using Perl script by calling sqlldr script.

It does not do anything, and no data is getting loaded.

Any help, suggestion to make this script workable, would appreciate it.

Perl script;
Code:
#!/oracle/product/11.2.0/perl/bin/perl
#Checking the server to connect
if ($ARGV[0] eq 'QA')
{
$ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0";
$LIBPATH = "/oracle/product/11.2.0/lib:/usr/lib";
$dbsid = 'mysid';
$dbuser = 'myuser';
$dbpwd = `/usr/local/pl/perlencrypt.pl -k /kda1/system/ealgorithm -d /sdr1/system/mysidmyuserpw`;
}

#Directories where input file exist (Please Use the Appropriate Directory structure)
my @inputdirectories = ('/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE');
#directory where files will be moved to after job execution.
my @outputdirectory = '/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE/Archive';
#File name and location of the text file
my @file = '/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE/2011030546845.MBT.A0MW9693.NDM.HBIDT.AD38XADJ.txt';
#Logfile location where it will reside
my @logFile= "/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE/Log";
#Control file location
my @control= "/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE/control/adjust_rsn_codes.ctl";
$status = system ("$SQLLDR $CONNECT control=$control data=$file log=$logFile");
#$dbh->disconnect;
close $FILE;

SQLLDR SCRIPT;
Code:
LOAD DATA
infile '/MCS/MAINFRAME/REFERENCE/2011031879382.MBT.A0TW9693.NDM.HBIDT.AD37XADJ.txt'
APPEND INTO TABLE ZX02051.ADJUSTMENT_REASON_CODES
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(REASON_CODE           CHAR,
  EFFECTIVE_DATE        CHAR,
  END_DATE              CHAR,
  MCS_CYCLE_BUILD_DATE  CHAR,
  CREATED_TIMESTAMP     DATE "DD/MM/YYY")

Last edited by pludi; 04-05-2011 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: redacted potentially sensitive information

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Web Development

script to load data from csv file

hello i want a script to load the data line by line from a csv file into a mysql table (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srpa01red
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find specific file name and load data

I need help as to how to write a script in Unix for the following: We have 3 servers; The mainframe will FTP them to a folder. In that folder we will need the script to look and see if the specific file name is there and load it to the correct table. Can anyone pls help me out with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Archive the data file after the load

I have written a perl scripts which loads the data. Now i want to modify the script, to Archive the Input file after the successful load of data. Can anyone please share it and help me .... Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and load data into a script as variable

I need to read a text file that contain columns of data, i need to read 1st column as a function to call, and others are the data i need to get into a ksh script. I am quite new to ksh scripting, i am not very sure how to read each row line by line and the data in each columns of that line, set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel sqlldr to load data.

I am using SQLLDR to load data in DB.For parallel loading I'm using nohup command. The requirement is: I have different files within a directories. Ex: 1) Dir/folder_A/AE.txt 2) Dir/folder_A/DM.txt 3) Dir/folder_B/CM.txt I need to loop through directories and load the data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLLDR :Data not loaded completely

Hi , I am using below control file LOAD DATA APPEND INTO TABLE LSHADMIN.EG TRAILING NULLCOLS ( STUDY CHAR ) and the text file to load data is CACZ885M2301 When I run below command: sqlldr userid=apps/apps control=/home/appsuser/dataload/ctl_file.ctl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
3 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::MCS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Tools::Run::MCS(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::MCS - Wrapper for MCS SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Run::MCS; # Make a MCS factory $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::MCS->new(); # Run MCS on an alignment my @results = $factory->run($alignfilename); # or with alignment object @results = $factory->run($bio_simplalign); # look at the results foreach my $feat (@results) { my $seq_id = $feat->seq_id; my $start = $feat->start; my $end = $feat->end; my $score = $feat->score; my ($pvalue) = $feat->get_tag_values('pvalue'); my ($kind) = $feat->get_tag_values('kind'); # 'all', 'exon' or 'nonexon' } DESCRIPTION
This is a wrapper for running the MCS (binCons) scripts by Elliott H Margulies. You can get details here: http://zoo.nhgri.nih.gov/elliott/mcs_doc/. MCS is used for the prediciton of transcription factor binding sites and other regions of the genome conserved amongst different species. Note that this wrapper assumes you already have alignments, so only uses MCS for the latter stages (the stages involving align2binomial.pl, generate_phyloMAX_score.pl and generate_mcs_beta.pl). You can try supplying normal MCS command-line arguments to new(), eg. $factory->new(-percentile => 95) or calling arg-named methods (excluding the initial hyphens, eg. $factory->percentile(95) to set the --percentile arg). You will need to enable this MCS wrapper to find the MCS scripts. This can be done in (at least) three ways: 1. Make sure the MCS scripts are in your path. 2. Define an environmental variable MCSDIR which is a directory which contains the MCS scripts: In bash: export MCSDIR=/home/username/mcs/ In csh/tcsh: setenv MCSDIR /home/username/mcs 3. Include a definition of an environmental variable MCSDIR in every script that will use this MCS wrapper module, e.g.: BEGIN { $ENV{MCSDIR} = '/home/username/mcs/' } use Bio::Tools::Run::MCS; FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Sendu Bala Email bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ program_name Title : program_name Usage : $factory>program_name() Function: holds the program name Returns : string Args : None program_dir Title : program_dir Usage : $factory->program_dir(@params) Function: returns the program directory, obtained from ENV variable. Returns : string Args : None new Title : new Usage : $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::MCS->new() Function: creates a new MCS factory Returns : Bio::Tools::Run::MCS Args : Many options understood by MCS can be supplied as key => value pairs. These options can NOT be used with this wrapper: ucsc gtf neutral-only fourd-align align-only ar run Title : run Usage : $result = $factory->run($align_file_or_object, Bio::Location::Atomic, [Bio::SeqFeatureI]); Function: Runs the MCS scripts on an alignment. Returns : list of Bio::SeqFeatureI feature objects (with coordinates corrected according to the supplied offset, if any) Args : The first argument represents an alignment, the optional second argument represents the chromosome, stand and end and the optional third argument represents annotation of the exons in the alignment. The alignment can be provided as a multi-fasta format alignment filename, or a Bio::Align::AlignI compliant object (eg. a Bio::SimpleAlign). The position in the genome can be provided as a Bio::Location::Atomic with start, end and seq_id set. The annnotation can be provided as an array of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects. _setparams Title : _setparams Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: Creates a string of params to be used in the command string Returns : string of params Args : none perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::MCS(3pm)