Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Uninstall Perl in Redhat Server Post 302510826 by k_manimuthu on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 05:31:59 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Thanks scottn.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl uninstall from unix machine

Hi I need to uninstall perl from my unix machine and DBI, DBD::Oracle , Parallel Fork Manager modules if there is any way please suggest me. Thanks kousik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

OS backup of a Redhat 5 server.

Hi, I am looking for a way to take the full backup of a redhat linux 5 server. I am familiar with ignite ux for HP-UX and flarcreate in Solaris. Looking for something for redhat Tx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Uninstall Apache web server

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 and it looks like it was installed with apache. I see some files in: Since I'd like to use CSWapache2 from OpenCSW I'd like to remove the one from SUN but I don't know which package name it has. Do you know how can I remove it ? Thanks R.F ---------- Post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertFord
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to backup a RedHat server?

Dear All Can you please let me know how to backup my RedHat server for preserving data in case if hard disk crashes? Thank you Double post, continued here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

installing Redhat Repository server

Hello, can someone please assist me userguide to setup simple Redhat yum Repository server with out using redhat satellite server. So all client will be pointing to this repository server to install rpm's. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Upgrade perl from 5.005_03 to 5.8 in redhat 5.3

i have a machine with running redhat 5.3. perl -v shows me perl version 5.005_03. i have to upgrade it to 5.8. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

vnc to RedHat Server

I'm trying to use VNC from my desktop to connect to a RedHat (RHEL6) Server. I connect but the screen is black. It I go into the Data Centre the screen is unlocked and all is okay there. I can connect no problem to other Desktops & Servers. Is there a setting maybe or can anybody suggest another... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itwex
6 Replies
GPT-UNINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GPT-UNINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-uninstall - Uninstall any GPT package. SYNOPSIS
gpt-uninstall [--force --help -name ] pkgname-flavor-pkgtype DESCRIPTION
gpt-uninstall will uninstall a package from the system. OPTIONS
-force This will force actions to take place. -native Use native package manager (Only works with rpm). pkgname-flavor-pkgtype Expression describing the packages that should be removed. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
gpt-uninstall -name=foo removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall foo Also removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall 'foo-*-*' A third way of typing the same uninstall. Note the single quotes. gpt-uninstall '*-noflavor-*' Remove all of the packages with a 'noflavor' build flavor. gpt-uninstall '*-*-*' Remove all packages. Note that files generated by gpt-postinstall will not be removed BUGS
Currently the flavor check that gpt-uninstall uses only works if the flavor is installed by gpt-build. And so for example: gpt-uninstall foo-gcc32-* will not work. The work around is to uninstall the packages individually using something like: gpt-uninstall -name=foo -flavor=gcc32 -pkgtype=pgm Or use a wild card for the flavor to uninstall all flavors of the package. gpt-uninstall foo-*-* SEE ALSO
gpt-install(8) gpt-query(8) gpt-verify(8) gpt-postinstall(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-UNINSTALL(8)