Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syntax error in .csh file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error in .csh file Post 302510817 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 05:19:29 AM
Old 04-05-2011
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/CshTop10.txt

You mentionned C-Shell but your script start with
Code:
#!/bin/bash

Which is Bourn Again SHell : is it a modification that you did or is it from original file ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if-else syntax in csh

Dear friends, I am writing a script usiing c-shell. iwant if -else syntax in c-shell i have taken twovariables and in one variable iam storing sysdate.and comparing with other variable if both are same then iam renaming file as oct_2005. please see below code set mon=`date +%m`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csh syntax

I am trying to list output in columns in csh. What would be the syntax for this shell if in ksh it is: ls -d !(*SNMP*) ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie11k
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax Error Suders file

Hi, I tried to edit my sudoers file using visudo and placed some valid entries. when i tried to save the file. the system warned me that the file holds error at line 26 and asked me what to do. I just quited the task and file was not saved. I wonder what might be the error , for review... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near unexpected token `for file in

I am trying to run the code below however I am getting a "syntax error near unexpected token `for file in error" on the line that is in red. I have the semicolons after every line because it will fail on the copy if I don't have them saying that it cannot stat directory. Is there something that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coach5779
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Nice syntax in csh on Solaris 10

Dear Solaris Experts, I would like to set the lowest priority when running a resource intensive program in C shell on Solaris 10 similar to the following syntax that works in Korn shell: $ nice -n 19 programHowever, I got the following error when running the same command in C shell: 9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End of File Syntax Error

Hi, I am brand new to this so I apologize ahead of time for any formatting problems. I know there is a previous (closed) thread on here about this problem but I wasn't able to fix the error following the posts there so I thought I could create a new one. Here is the error I am getting: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SierraG
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)