Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Changing boot order doesn't work Post 302510787 by oky on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 02:49:58 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Era555,

In which file you updated the default boot value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order using sed

I have a text "abc def ghi" and I want to get it as "def abc ghi" I am using this echo "abc def ghi" | sed 's/\(*\)\(*\)/\2\1/' But I am not able to get the output, could anyone help me. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order of columns in a script

I have the following script: (echo -n `curl http://www.example.com/scores.txt | grep mylocation`; date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) >> myscores.txt This script works fine, except that it places the timestamp at the end of the file myscores.txt. How do add the timestamp as the first column and then a tab and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop doesn't work

I have a script which uses below for loop: for (( i = 0 ; i <= 5; i++ )) do echo "Welcome $i times" done But when I run the script, it gives error message: Syntex Error : Bad for loop variable Can anyone guide to run it? Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files by changing date order

I'm looking for a simple solution to rename a batch of files. All of the files in this directory start with a date in the format mm.dd.yy followed by a space and then additional descriptive text. Example: 01.21.10 742 P.xlsx 02.24.09 730 Smith.xlsx The information following the date can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreisel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc: scope doesn't work for me

I am trying to use bc to calculate the difference between two nano second time stamps. bc does the calculation but seems to ignore the scale option: micro_start=$(date +%s.%N) # .. some stuff happens here micro_stop=$(date +%s.%N) TOT=$(echo "scale=3; $micro_stop - $micro_start" | bc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Boot order?

Hi I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed. I want to change boot order. Can anyone tell where is menu.lst file located. I searched it but didn't get it. Please tell me what file I need to edit for same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
UBUNTU-BUILD(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   UBUNTU-BUILD(1)

NAME
ubuntu-build - command-line interface to Launchpad build operations SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-build <srcpackage> <release> <operation> DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-build provides a command line interface to the Launchpad build operations. OPERATIONS
Listed below are the available operations for ubuntu-build: status Outputs the build status of the package on Launchpad on all architectures. retry Requests that the package has another attempt at rebuilding from source. This will only work if the package has Failed to build on Launchpad. rescore Requests that the package's build priority be raised in the build queue. Only members of the Launchpad build administrators may issue this operation, and it may only be performed on packages which Need building. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for ubuntu-build: -h or --help Display a help message and exit. Retry and rescore options: These options may only be used with the 'retry' and 'rescore' operations. -a ARCHITECTURE, --arch=ARCHITECTURE Rebuild or rescore a specific architecture. Valid architectures include: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. Batch processing: These options and parameter ordering is only available in --batch mode. Usage: ubuntu-build --batch [options] <package>... --batch Enable batch mode --series=SERIES Selects the Ubuntu series to operate on (default: current development series) --retry Retry builds (give-back). --rescore=PRIORITY Rescore builds to <priority>. --arch2=ARCHITECTURE Affect only 'architecture' (can be used several times). Valid architectures are: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. AUTHORS
ubuntu-build was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@canonical.com>, and this manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or (at your option) any later version. ubuntu-dev-tools June 2010 UBUNTU-BUILD(1)