Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 10 and == operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting solaris 10 and == operator Post 302510764 by pkabali on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 12:34:13 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Hello
I was wondering if this has something to do with the -eq and -ne operators?

-eq is equal to
Code:

if [ "$a" -eq "$b" ]

-ne
is not equal to
Code:

if [ "$a" -ne "$b" ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

And operator

I am trying to check two variables and if both are blank I want to set a flag: the_f3_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f3.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` the_f7_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f7.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` if ; then y=1 fi I get an error: ./script_name: test: 0403-021 ]... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
4 Replies

2. Programming

ternary operator

How do I interpret the following ternary operation? fn_max(var_type a,var_type b,var_type c) { var_type t; return(t=((t>a?:t;a)>b)?:t;b)>c?:t;c) } Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Or operator with if

hi, i was trying to club to test condition with if. if -o ; then it is giving me error message, i wanted to ask how can we check two condtions with one if. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babom
1 Replies

4. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference operator

Dear All, Good day, Just i would like to know that is there anything called difference operator in awk? For example, if a file contains 5 columns (as shown below) with both negative and positive values: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 I need to calculate the difference between Col1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris test operator -gt

Hello people, I created the below script on HP-UX #!/bin/sh SESSION_NO=`sqlplus -s ${DRBILOUKOS_USER} <<EOF SET HEAD OFF @/export/home/drbiloukos/scripts/sessions_count/no_of_sessions.sql EOF` SESSION_THRESHOLD=250 MAX_SESSIONS=`sqlplus -s ${DRBILOUKOS_USER} <<EOF SET HEAD OFF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conflict with the operator in IF

I am using a script like this source=$1 if ; then echo "got it" else echo "lost it" fi But the script is giving th error like script.ksh: ==: unknown test operator Can i know , is the syntax iam using is correct or suggest me a good way. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unterminated <> operator

Hello. I'm self teaching myself and coded a program but I keep getting a illegal division by 0 error. I know what it means but I don't know where I am messing up. Here is the code: #!/usr/bin/perl @lines = <>; my %earned; my %possible; for ($i = 1; $i <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)