Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 10 and == operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting solaris 10 and == operator Post 302510688 by talashil on Monday 4th of April 2011 05:00:31 PM
Old 04-04-2011
solaris 10 and == operator

Hi ,

I have .sh script and it's running on solaris 10 ( ksh is shell) and part of the script is :

Code:
orahome=`awk -F: '$1 == "'$oraserver'" {print $2}' /var/opt/oracle/oratab`
if [ "$orahome" == "" ]; then
        ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/oracle_home;export ORACLE_HOME
else
        ORACLE_HOME=$orahome;export ORACLE_HOME

fi

when it tries to execute through cron , I am getting this error:

test: unknown operator ==

the same script if I execute through shell , it's working fine.

any thoughts ???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

And operator

I am trying to check two variables and if both are blank I want to set a flag: the_f3_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f3.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` the_f7_pid=`rsh $target ps -ef | grep "f7.eab" | awk '{print $2}'` if ; then y=1 fi I get an error: ./script_name: test: 0403-021 ]... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
4 Replies

2. Programming

ternary operator

How do I interpret the following ternary operation? fn_max(var_type a,var_type b,var_type c) { var_type t; return(t=((t>a?:t;a)>b)?:t;b)>c?:t;c) } Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Or operator with if

hi, i was trying to club to test condition with if. if -o ; then it is giving me error message, i wanted to ask how can we check two condtions with one if. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babom
1 Replies

4. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference operator

Dear All, Good day, Just i would like to know that is there anything called difference operator in awk? For example, if a file contains 5 columns (as shown below) with both negative and positive values: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 I need to calculate the difference between Col1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris test operator -gt

Hello people, I created the below script on HP-UX #!/bin/sh SESSION_NO=`sqlplus -s ${DRBILOUKOS_USER} <<EOF SET HEAD OFF @/export/home/drbiloukos/scripts/sessions_count/no_of_sessions.sql EOF` SESSION_THRESHOLD=250 MAX_SESSIONS=`sqlplus -s ${DRBILOUKOS_USER} <<EOF SET HEAD OFF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conflict with the operator in IF

I am using a script like this source=$1 if ; then echo "got it" else echo "lost it" fi But the script is giving th error like script.ksh: ==: unknown test operator Can i know , is the syntax iam using is correct or suggest me a good way. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unterminated <> operator

Hello. I'm self teaching myself and coded a program but I keep getting a illegal division by 0 error. I know what it means but I don't know where I am messing up. Here is the code: #!/usr/bin/perl @lines = <>; my %earned; my %possible; for ($i = 1; $i <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
6 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)