Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Permission denied issue on a Shared drive Post 302510628 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of April 2011 01:06:03 PM
Old 04-04-2011
Maybe it's not the same user in the end -- check /etc/samba/smbusers to see if the username's mapped to something else

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission denied issue

hello I m trying to enter in a folder through my script but getting permission denied error .. Is there any command or somthing else so that i can access these folder through my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

5. Linux

Help with RT 4.0.4 Installation-Mason permission denied issue

Hi, I am trying to install RT 4.0.4 on Centos 6. I am almost done with the installation. However, when i try to start my web server (Apache - user: apache, group: apache) i get the following error: Starting httpd: : (in cleanup) Error while loading /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server: Cannot create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtipx_user
0 Replies

6. AIX

Permission Denied issue on AIX 6.1 using Root

I have the following problem on my AIX 6.1 server. I logged in with Root ID to this folder etc/opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib I try changing the folder permission but I keep getting this output : chmod: /opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib: Permission Denied I did a listing on it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdsweet98
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ISSUE : bash: cd: /rep/prok: Permission denied

Hi All, i have two accounts with acl permissions. I need to provide read access to both users. for one user s109552 "cd" is not working. drwxrws---+ 8 cvsadmin reto 1024 Aug 23 2011 reto su5sr117# su - s109553 $ bash bash-3.2$ cd /rep/reto bash-3.2$ pwd <-------- it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
CIFSCREDS(1)															      CIFSCREDS(1)

NAME
cifscreds - manage NTLM credentials in kernel keyring SYNOPSIS
cifscreds add|clear|clearall|update [-u username] [-d] host|domain DESCRIPTION
The cifscreds program is a tool for managing credentials (username and password) for the purpose of establishing sessions in multiuser mounts. When a cifs filesystem is mounted with the "multiuser" option, and does not use krb5 authentication, it needs to be able to get the credentials for each user from somewhere. The cifscreds program is the tool used to provide these credentials to the kernel. The first non-option argument to cifscreds is a command (see the COMMANDS section below). The second non-option argument is a hostname or address, or an NT domain name. COMMANDS
add Add credentials to the kernel to be used for connecting to the given server, or servers in the given domain. clear Clear credentials for a particular host or domain from the kernel. clearall Clear all cifs credentials from the kernel. update Update stored credentials in the kernel with a new username and password. OPTIONS
-d, --domain The provided host/domain argument is a NT domainname. Ordinarily the second argument provided to cifscreds is treated as a hostname or IP address. This option causes the cifscreds program to treat that argument as an NT domainname instead. If there are not host specific credentials for the mounted server, then the kernel will next look for a set of domain credentials equivalent to the domain= option provided at mount time. -u, --username Ordinarily, the username is derived from the unix username of the user adding the credentials. This option allows the user to substitute a different username. NOTES
The cifscreds utility requires a kernel built with support for the login key type. That key type was added in v3.3 in mainline Linux kernels. AUTHORS
The cifscreds program was originally developed by Igor Druzhinin <jaxbrigs@gmail.com>. This manpage and a redesign of the code was done by Jeff Layton <jlayton@samba.org>. 2012-01-24 CIFSCREDS(1)