Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Permission denied issue on a Shared drive Post 302510583 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:47:55 AM
Old 04-04-2011
I don't see /mnt/CEMP being exported by samba AT ALL in your configfile but I'm assuming that's a typo of some sort.

Did this group get added to that user recently? You may need to restart samba for the new privileges to take effect.

Can you access them when logged in as that user, not through samba?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive From Windows To Apache Shared Drive?

Anyone know how I can map a windows drive to an apache shared drive? In my httpd.conf file, I have: Alias /merc_rpts/ "/u/merc_rpts/" <Directory "/u/merc_rpts"> Options Indexes </Directory> I'm able to bring up a browser and see the contents of this folder. In... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission denied issue

hello I m trying to enter in a folder through my script but getting permission denied error .. Is there any command or somthing else so that i can access these folder through my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

5. Linux

Help with RT 4.0.4 Installation-Mason permission denied issue

Hi, I am trying to install RT 4.0.4 on Centos 6. I am almost done with the installation. However, when i try to start my web server (Apache - user: apache, group: apache) i get the following error: Starting httpd: : (in cleanup) Error while loading /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server: Cannot create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtipx_user
0 Replies

6. AIX

Permission Denied issue on AIX 6.1 using Root

I have the following problem on my AIX 6.1 server. I logged in with Root ID to this folder etc/opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib I try changing the folder permission but I keep getting this output : chmod: /opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib: Permission Denied I did a listing on it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdsweet98
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ISSUE : bash: cd: /rep/prok: Permission denied

Hi All, i have two accounts with acl permissions. I need to provide read access to both users. for one user s109552 "cd" is not working. drwxrws---+ 8 cvsadmin reto 1024 Aug 23 2011 reto su5sr117# su - s109553 $ bash bash-3.2$ cd /rep/reto bash-3.2$ pwd <-------- it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)