Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX open ttydev: Permission denied Post 302510264 by Perderabo on Saturday 2nd of April 2011 01:37:43 PM
Old 04-02-2011
Just taking a shot in the dark, check the permissions on /dev/tty.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./ Permission Denied.

Could someone tell me why I am getting a permission denied message when I attempt to run this on an out file? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouscaillon
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I keep getting .:Permission denied?

I'll start off by saying that I know very little about Unix - however, I do know that I have a .profile file in my home directory, and that I should be able to invoke it by typing . profile. However, when I do this for ANY .filename, I get ".: Permission denied". I'm pretty sure that there is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbersani
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

I would like to copy data from local mechine to cluster. Basically, I typed scp -r DVD/ acount@cluster:/ it shows Permission denied. Could anyone please give me a clue to write permission on cluster, please? The poperty of where on cluster I'd like to put is drwxr-xr-x Any idea would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EACCES "Permission denied" while open(2)

guest@ulidtko:~$ id uid=126(guest) gid=134(guest) groups=134(guest) guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -ld /home drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 12 19:47 /home guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -l /home ls: cannot open directory /home: Permission denied guest@ulidtko:~$ cat /proc/mounts rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

7. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied

when i run echo "User” > /dev/tty5 why do i get permission denied? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't open nodes-6379.conf in order to acquire a lock: Permission denied

I am getting error on redis server on linux 7.5 after change the default path /var/lib/redis to /redisdata, and enable cluster-enabled yes. It would be really appreciate if some one can check and suggest on this issue. error code: 1240:C 09 Sep 2018 13:53:51.058 # oO0OoO0OoO0Oo Redis is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Permission denied

Trying to get date into the txt file. It says Permission denied. echo $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D) >> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt exec 2>> /tmp/systemd_suspend_test_err.txt if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending $(date +%I:%M:%S_%D)." elif ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
shownonascii(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shownonascii(1)

NAME
shownonascii - View all or part of a mail message in a non-ASCII font SYNOPSIS
shownonascii charset-font-name [-e command-to-execute] file-name(s) DESCRIPTION
The shownonascii program allows data in non-ASCII character sets to be viewed under X11. By default, it will open up an xterm using the font named in the first argument, running the "more" command to view all of the files named on the command line. If the -e switch is used, the rest of the command line will be taken as the command to tell xterm to run instead of more. If the MM_CHARSET environment variable is set and matches the character set named in the first argument, a new xterm window will not be opened. If the MM_AUXCHARSETS environment variable is set the character set named in the first argument is a subset of that string, a new xterm window will not be opened. SEE ALSO
mailto-hebrew(1), mailto(1), metamail(1) BUGS
Nope. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 shownonascii(1)