Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with linked list in C
Top Forums Programming Help with linked list in C Post 302510214 by omega666 on Saturday 2nd of April 2011 12:02:22 AM
Old 04-02-2011
hmm, i got this to work the first time i use the function, the second time always returns 0 for some reason
Code:
int already_there(client *client_list, char *username) {
    if (client_list == NULL) return(0);
    else if (strcmp(client_list->client_name, username)==0) return(1);
    else return already_there(client_list->next, username);
}

Last edited by omega666; 04-02-2011 at 01:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reverse single linked list

Can any one help me in reversing the single linked list and at the same time i want to print the reversed links. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

3. Programming

shared memory with linked list??

is this possible, if so plz please share with me.. Correct English please, not Cyber-/Leetspeak (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_manpage
11 Replies

4. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to check if something exists in linked list in C?

i have a linked list set up like typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; int client_socket_fd; struct client_list *next; } client; client *client_list=NULL; before adding to the list i check if it already exists, only if it does not then i add if (client_list==NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to check if something exists in a struct linked list?

can someone provide an example of a struct linked list, where it has strings as its values, and then how do I check if a specific string (say called buffer) exists in the list of structs? i dont understand how to make a copy of it to check with this is what i have ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
NE_SET_SERVER_AUTH(3)						neon API reference					     NE_SET_SERVER_AUTH(3)

NAME
ne_set_server_auth, ne_set_proxy_auth, ne_forget_auth - register authentication callbacks SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_auth.h> typedef int (*ne_auth_creds)(void *userdata, const char *realm, int attempt, char *username, char *password); void ne_set_server_auth(ne_session *session, ne_auth_creds callback, void *userdata); void ne_set_proxy_auth(ne_session *session, ne_auth_creds callback, void *userdata); void ne_forget_auth(ne_session *session); DESCRIPTION
The ne_auth_creds function type defines a callback which is invoked when a server or proxy server requires user authentication for a particular request. The realm string is supplied by the server. The attempt is a counter giving the number of times the request has been retried with different authentication credentials. The first time the callback is invoked for a particular request, attempt will be zero. To retry the request using new authentication credentials, the callback should return zero, and the username and password buffers must contain NUL-terminated strings. The NE_ABUFSIZ constant gives the size of these buffers. Tip If you only wish to allow the user one attempt to enter credentials, use the value of the attempt parameter as the return value of the callback. To abort the request, the callback should return a non-zero value; in which case the contents of the username and password buffers are ignored. The ne_forget_auth function can be used to discard the cached authentication credentials. EXAMPLES
/* Function which prompts for a line of user input: */ extern char *prompt_for(const char *prompt); static int my_auth(void *userdata, const char *realm, int attempts, char *username, char *password) { strncpy(username, prompt_for("Username: "), NE_ABUFSIZ); strncpy(password, prompt_for("Password: "), NE_ABUFSIZ); return attempts; } int main(...) { ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_set_server_auth(sess, my_auth, NULL); /* ... */ } AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.28.4 25 February 2009 NE_SET_SERVER_AUTH(3)