Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't Open Display localhost:0.0 Post 302510076 by binlib on Friday 1st of April 2011 01:17:57 PM
Old 04-01-2011
maybe your X server is running with the "-nolisten tcp" option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

9. Linux

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hai (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: how to solve this in linux Double post.. continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Error message: (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: How to solve this issue in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayd
1 Replies
MYSQL_CONNECT(3)							 1							  MYSQL_CONNECT(3)

mysql_connect - Open a connection to a MySQL Server

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_connect(3) o PDO::__construct resource mysql_connect ([string $server = ini_get("mysql.default_host")], [string $username = ini_get("mysql.default_user")], [string $password = ini_get("mysql.default_password")], [bool $new_link = false], [int $client_flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens or reuses a connection to a MySQL server. o $server - The MySQL server. It can also include a port number. e.g. "hostname:port" or a path to a local socket e.g. ":/path/to/socket" for the localhost. If the PHP directive mysql.default_host is undefined (default), then the default value is 'localhost:3306'. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored and value 'localhost:3306' is always used. o $username - The username. Default value is defined by mysql.default_user. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored and the name of the user that owns the server process is used. o $password - The password. Default value is defined by mysql.default_password. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored and empty password is used. o $new_link - If a second call is made to mysql_connect(3) with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. The $new_link parameter modifies this behavior and makes mysql_connect(3) always open a new link, even if mysql_connect(3) was called before with the same parameters. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored. o $client_flags - The $client_flags parameter can be a combination of the following constants: 128 (enable LOAD DATA LOCAL handling), MYSQL_CLIENT_SSL, MYSQL_CLIENT_COMPRESS, MYSQL_CLIENT_IGNORE_SPACE or MYSQL_CLIENT_INTERACTIVE. Read the section about "MySQL client constants" for further information. In SQL safe mode, this parameter is ignored. Returns a MySQL link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.5.0 | | | | | | | This function will generate an E_DEPRECATED | | | error. | | | | | 4.3.0 | | | | | | | Added the $client_flags parameter. | | | | | 4.2.0 | | | | | | | Added the $new_link parameter. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_connect(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connected successfully'; mysql_close($link); ?> Example #2 mysql_connect(3) example using hostname:port syntax <?php // we connect to example.com and port 3307 $link = mysql_connect('example.com:3307', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connected successfully'; mysql_close($link); // we connect to localhost at port 3307 $link = mysql_connect('127.0.0.1:3307', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connected successfully'; mysql_close($link); ?> Example #3 mysql_connect(3) example using ":/path/to/socket" syntax <?php // we connect to localhost and socket e.g. /tmp/mysql.sock // variant 1: omit localhost $link = mysql_connect(':/tmp/mysql', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connected successfully'; mysql_close($link); // variant 2: with localhost $link = mysql_connect('localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connected successfully'; mysql_close($link); ?> Note Whenever you specify "localhost" or "localhost:port" as server, the MySQL client library will override this and try to connect to a local socket (named pipe on Windows). If you want to use TCP/IP, use "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost". If the MySQL client library tries to connect to the wrong local socket, you should set the correct path as "" in your PHP configuration and leave the server field blank. Note The link to the server will be closed as soon as the execution of the script ends, unless it's closed earlier by explicitly calling mysql_close(3). Note You can suppress the error message on failure by prepending a @ to the function name. Note Error "Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106)" usually means that the variables_order configure directive doesn't contain character E. On Windows, if the environment is not copied the SYSTEMROOT environment variable won't be available and PHP will have problems load- ing Winsock. mysql_pconnect(3), mysql_close(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_CONNECT(3)