Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile doesn't update $< variable Post 302510054 by JerryHone on Friday 1st of April 2011 11:58:08 AM
Old 04-01-2011
Try running make with the -d option and see what it tells you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: A part of variable A's name is inside of variable B, how to update A?

This is what I tried: vara=${varb}_count (( vara += 1 )) Thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa3be
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to set env variable in top level Makefile and unset when done

Hello I have compilation directory structure the top level Makefile is the one that contains all the sub directories I want to set in this Makefile env variable say : setenv OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL "1" and when all the sub directories done compiling it will set this variable to different lavel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternative for recursive variable in Makefile?

Hi, I want to append some compiler flags to CFLAGS_LOCAl variable defined in one makefile. I am trying to append required flags in another makefile like this: CFALGS_LOCAL = $(CFLAGS_LOCAL) +check=all but when I make, I get the error: ../../../../rules/target.rules:4: *** Recursive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
2 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile: multiple target variable substitution

Greetings! Basically, I would like to properly handle this with gnu make: alltools: my_tool mysecond_tool mythird_tool etc_tool %_tool: dir1/%_tool.vf dir2/%_tool/subdir2/%_tool.ver <tab>@echo done %.vf: <tab>RUN_VF $* %.ver: <tab>RUN_VER $* So, if I were to do something like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harlinator
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting/Modifying variable specific to target in Makefile

Hi, I have a small piece of Makefile script which throw's error on Sun Sparc machine, but works fine with Sun Optron, Linux, AIX machines. FOO=Naveen test1:FOO=Dhilip test1: @echo FOO is ${FOO} test2: @echo Me is ${FOO} Output on Sun Sparc - ukhml-v890new-~/test: make test1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsriram
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to programmatically generate makefile variable

I make to parse the release version from a text file and set the release version label into a Makefile variable. I tried: VERSION := `grep vsn s1db.app|sed -e s/*\"// -e s/\"*//` but looks like make, unlike shell, literally just take the entire `grep ...` as the variable value. Then I tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benkial
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why updating atime doesn't update ctime?

Hi, ctime is the inode change time. If reading a file, its atime will be updated, which should cause inode member i_atime changed, which is an inode change. So ctime should also be updated. But if I try to ls a directory on redhat, only the directory atime gets updated, not ctime. Why? THANKS! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chopping off the last directory in a Makefile variable

Hi everybody, I have a Makefile where I need to use an environment variable that I set, MYBUILDPATH. The variable can be different depending on the computer, but it always ends with /myBuildRoot/data_tables. Sometimes the data_tables directory will have a slash after it, sometimes not, depending... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install.

Hello. An update of TL from TL7 to TL8 is ending with errors : Requisite Failures ------------------ SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you asked to install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets are also installed. See subsequent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies
AUDISPD.CONF:(5)					  System Administration Utilities					  AUDISPD.CONF:(5)

NAME
audispd.conf - the audit event dispatcher configuration file DESCRIPTION
audispd.conf is the file that controls the configuration of the audit event dispatcher. The options that are available are as follows: q_depth This is a numeric value that tells how big to make the internal queue of the audit event dispatcher. A bigger queue lets it handle a flood of events better, but could hold events that are not processed when the daemon is terminated. If you get messages in syslog about events getting dropped, increase this value. The default value is 80. overflow_action This option determines how the daemon should react to overflowing its internal queue. When this happens, it means that more events are being received than it can get rid of. This error means that it is going to lose the current event its trying to dispatch. It has the following choices: ignore, syslog, suspend, single, and halt. If set to ignore, the audisp daemon does nothing. syslog means that it will issue a warning to syslog. suspend will cause the audisp daemon to stop processing events. The daemon will still be alive. The single option will cause the audisp daemon to put the computer system in single user mode. halt option will cause the audisp daemon to shutdown the computer system. priority_boost This is a non-negative number that tells the audit event dispatcher how much of a priority boost it should take. This boost is in addition to the boost provided from the audit daemon. The default is 4. No change is 0. max_restarts This is a non-negative number that tells the audit event dispatcher how many times it can try to restart a crashed plugin. The default is 10. name_format This option controls how computer node names are inserted into the audit event stream. It has the following choices: none, hostname, fqd, numeric, and user. None means that no computer name is inserted into the audit event. hostname is the name returned by the gethostname syscall. The fqd means that it takes the hostname and resolves it with dns for a fully qualified domain name of that machine. Numeric is similar to fqd except it resolves the IP address of the machine. User is an admin defined string from the name option. The default value is none. name This is the admin defined string that identifies the machine if user is given as the name_format option. SEE ALSO
audispd(8) Red Hat Jan 2008 AUDISPD.CONF:(5)