Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't Open Display localhost:0.0 Post 302510047 by Corona688 on Friday 1st of April 2011 11:48:19 AM
Old 04-01-2011
Is there any NAT between you and the server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

9. Linux

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hai (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: how to solve this in linux Double post.. continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Error message: (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: How to solve this issue in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayd
1 Replies
NAT action in tc(8)						       Linux						       NAT action in tc(8)

NAME
nat - stateless native address translation action SYNOPSIS
tc ... action nat DIRECTION OLD NEW DIRECTION := { ingress | egress } OLD := IPV4_ADDR_SPEC NEW := IPV4_ADDR_SPEC IPV4_ADDR_SPEC := { default | any | all | in_addr[/{prefix|netmask}] DESCRIPTION
The nat action allows to perform NAT without the overhead of conntrack, which is desirable if the number of flows or addresses to perform NAT on is large. This action is best used in combination with the u32 filter to allow for efficient lookups of a large number of stateless NAT rules in constant time. OPTIONS
ingress Translate destination addresses, i.e. perform DNAT. egress Translate source addresses, i.e. perform SNAT. OLD Specifies addresses which should be translated. NEW Specifies addresses which OLD should be translated into. NOTES
The accepted address format in OLD and NEW is quite flexible. It may either consist of one of the keywords default, any or all, represent- ing the all-zero IP address or a combination of IP address and netmask or prefix length separated by a slash (/) sign. In any case, the mask (or prefix length) value of OLD is used for NEW as well so that a one-to-one mapping of addresses is assured. Address translation is done using a combination of binary operations. First, the original (source or destination) address is matched against the value of OLD. If the original address fits, the new address is created by taking the leading bits from NEW (defined by the netmask of OLD) and taking the remaining bits from the original address. There is rudimental support for upper layer protocols, namely TCP, UDP and ICMP. While for the first two only checksum recalculation is performed, the action also takes care of embedded IP headers in ICMP packets by translating the respective address therein, too. SEE ALSO
tc(8) iproute2 12 Jan 2015 NAT action in tc(8)