Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Check file sequence script not working. Need help. Post 302510016 by ctsgnb on Friday 1st of April 2011 10:20:03 AM
Old 04-01-2011

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - script can check jump sequence?

Hi, if I have a lot of files like (AABBCC0010, AABBCC0011, AABBCC0012....AABBCC1000), can I write a small script to check any sequence number jump and show me the result which sequence number? #The first sequence may start from 0010 or 0101... :confused: Thank you!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file sequence

Hi everyone, I need help in creating a script that would check if the file sequence is in order in a particular directory. These are log files that are generated throughout the day. Example of the file name will be, ABC01_YYMMDDHHMM###### (ABC01_0904161829000001) Sometimes the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Sequence

* Expiry DATE: * Address1: Address2: Address3: Address4: Address5: * PO_ref_number: aadad HolderId_1: HolderId_2: HolderId_3: HolderId_4: * adad: 00000 ada: 00000 adad: RANDOM adad: RANDOM ****************************** (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check missing sequence?

I want to listed files every hours and check the missing sequence my file format is CV.020220131430.txt CV.020220131440.txt CV.020220131450.txt CV.ddmmyyhhm.txt how to check if i have missing files in sequence .. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Escape Sequence for Capital Letters Input at Shell Not Working

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. When issuing the command "stty lcase" all text which is output to the terminal are capitalized. Letters that are supposed to be capitals are preceded by a backslash during output. All text which is input is converted to lower case. This is the expected behaviour... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script check syntax not working ...

Hello i have question that i want check syntax from my script shell with sh -n filename but it's not show something even i have wrong syntax in my file. why can this happened or any other way to check it? i use on header of file : #!/bin/sh thx before :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gochengz
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)