Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question and answers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question and answers Post 302509957 by methyl on Friday 1st of April 2011 06:58:53 AM
Old 04-01-2011
First find out what the company does, what job you are applying for and what knowledge is required to do the job. It is surprising how many people turn up for interview without knowing why they are there.

If you are interersted in general questions, just google "unix interview questions". For potential Systems Administrator one good collection is:
Unix Interview Questions | GeekInterview.com
There are a lot more sites like that.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

2. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need answers for these shell programs.....

1. Write a shell script to print the file names of all files having .txt extension of a given directory after converting to uppercase letters. The input (directory name) should be given as command line argument. The script will also check whether sufficient arguments are passed or not and whether... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep148
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

6. Programming

Always giving the answers as 1

Hi, I have wrote a python program to sum the numbers in a list.However its giving answer one. Please advise. MyList = Number = int(input("Please enter number:")) for i in range(1, Number + 1): value = int(input("Enter Numbers %d:" %i)) MyList.append(value) total =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)