Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question and answers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question and answers Post 302509946 by j_panky on Friday 1st of April 2011 06:10:37 AM
Old 04-01-2011
Question and answers

Hello All,
I need to prepare for interview.
Can any body help me with interview question and answers pls..

Regards,
Sam

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

2. Solaris

expecting answers for these questions?

hi all plese clarify me in the following area. 1. What is the default NFS version in solaris 5.10. If it is 3, then why it asks me to specify "-o vers=3" keyword while i am mounting a share from a RHEL 5.1 Server? 2. Can someone give the link to download packages for accessing "ntfs"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need answers for these shell programs.....

1. Write a shell script to print the file names of all files having .txt extension of a given directory after converting to uppercase letters. The input (directory name) should be given as command line argument. The script will also check whether sufficient arguments are passed or not and whether... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep148
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

6. Programming

Always giving the answers as 1

Hi, I have wrote a python program to sum the numbers in a list.However its giving answer one. Please advise. MyList = Number = int(input("Please enter number:")) for i in range(1, Number + 1): value = int(input("Enter Numbers %d:" %i)) MyList.append(value) total =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)