Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users i dont want files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago. Post 302509932 by robfwauk on Friday 1st of April 2011 05:28:10 AM
Old 04-01-2011
Save a list of the directory just before the copy, then loop through that list.

If your still having trouble, post the script you have tried

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files created before two days ago

Dear All: I want to build a shell that delete files created two or more days ago ... I think it could be built using a special command with ls or grep, I'd apreciate any help from you guys I have a lot of log files from november, december, january and this tool will help me a lot The files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automate backing up uploaded files

Hi, We are running FTP Server on UNIX (Solaris 9). Users login and upload (also download) files whenever required. Now, we have to automate the process which makes a copy of every file immediately after it gets uploaded to the FTP server (by any user). I've ruled out rsync,mirror,filesync... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files which are modified few mins ago

Hi All, I have a requirement to find out the files which are modified in the last 10 minutes. I tried the find command with -amin and -mmin options, but its not working on my AIX server. Can anyone of you could help me. Thanks in advance for your help. Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week

Hi All, Here is a brief scenario for my requirement .. There is a directory in FTP Server, where would files be uploaded on weekly basic. I need to get those files which are uploaded during this week and not the files which are uploaded the previous week and download them to locale... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narramadan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for Files that DONT contain a string

How do I search for files that dont contain a certain string? I am currently trying find ./logs -size +1c -exec grep -l 'Process Complete' {} \; -exec ls -l {} \; > $TOD Which gives me files that are reater han 0 file size and contain the string 'Process complete' but I want files that DONT... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonydsam
13 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

PAssword protect uploaded files

Hi, Is it possible to make sure/test that all uploaded files to my FTP will be of .RAR format (that's easy) but also password protected? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_mumbai
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_mumbai
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - To copy and compress files one day ago

Hi dears, Hi All, I'm a new member of this Forum. I have need your help to handle this request. "I want to copy and Compress files not of today but of yesterday only using some script". For example I have the following files under a particular directory in a Solaris machine. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackyJohn
7 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)