Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Changing boot order doesn't work Post 302509810 by Era555 on Thursday 31st of March 2011 07:36:08 PM
Old 03-31-2011
Changing boot order doesn't work

Hey i am running both ubuntu 10.10 and windows 7, trying to make the default boot be windows 7 instead of ubuntu but it doesn't want to work. Ive tried changing default in the grub file it didnt work, then i installed startup-manager and set windows 7 as the OS and it still boots into ubuntu. Thx in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order using sed

I have a text "abc def ghi" and I want to get it as "def abc ghi" I am using this echo "abc def ghi" | sed 's/\(*\)\(*\)/\2\1/' But I am not able to get the output, could anyone help me. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order of columns in a script

I have the following script: (echo -n `curl http://www.example.com/scores.txt | grep mylocation`; date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) >> myscores.txt This script works fine, except that it places the timestamp at the end of the file myscores.txt. How do add the timestamp as the first column and then a tab and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop doesn't work

I have a script which uses below for loop: for (( i = 0 ; i <= 5; i++ )) do echo "Welcome $i times" done But when I run the script, it gives error message: Syntex Error : Bad for loop variable Can anyone guide to run it? Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files by changing date order

I'm looking for a simple solution to rename a batch of files. All of the files in this directory start with a date in the format mm.dd.yy followed by a space and then additional descriptive text. Example: 01.21.10 742 P.xlsx 02.24.09 730 Smith.xlsx The information following the date can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreisel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc: scope doesn't work for me

I am trying to use bc to calculate the difference between two nano second time stamps. bc does the calculation but seems to ignore the scale option: micro_start=$(date +%s.%N) # .. some stuff happens here micro_stop=$(date +%s.%N) TOT=$(echo "scale=3; $micro_stop - $micro_start" | bc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Boot order?

Hi I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed. I want to change boot order. Can anyone tell where is menu.lst file located. I searched it but didn't get it. Please tell me what file I need to edit for same? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
UPDATE-MANAGER(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)

NAME
update-manager - graphical management of software packages updates SYNOPSIS
update-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
Update-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version. OPTIONS
For a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded. For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options: -h, --help Show a similar help message -c, --check-dist-upgrades Check if a new distribution release is available -d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible -p, --proposed Try to run a dist-upgrade --dist-upgrade Try to run a dist-upgrade ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION
* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop * switch to an updated sources.list entries * adds the default user to new groups if needed SEE ALSO
Synaptic, sources.list, aptitude AUTHORS
update-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file) This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. August 2, 2007 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)