Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with linked list in C
Top Forums Programming Help with linked list in C Post 302509799 by Corona688 on Thursday 31st of March 2011 06:14:19 PM
Old 03-31-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega666
well using the code i just put above
It ought to work, if you change "client *current;" into "client *current=NULL;" as I suggested above. Correct that code as I suggested above and try it again.

And if it still doesn't work, some values you're feeding into it are wrong so I will need you to post the complete program to tell why.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reverse single linked list

Can any one help me in reversing the single linked list and at the same time i want to print the reversed links. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List linked files

A perl script that displays the list of files which have multiple links..! ls -l shows number of links in a field. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
0 Replies

3. Programming

shared memory with linked list??

is this possible, if so plz please share with me.. Correct English please, not Cyber-/Leetspeak (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_manpage
11 Replies

4. Programming

I need C++ Code for single linked list

I need C++ Code for single linked list With operations as 1)insert at any position 2)delete any 3)change the data of any position (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to check if something exists in linked list in C?

i have a linked list set up like typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; int client_socket_fd; struct client_list *next; } client; client *client_list=NULL; before adding to the list i check if it already exists, only if it does not then i add if (client_list==NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to check if something exists in a struct linked list?

can someone provide an example of a struct linked list, where it has strings as its values, and then how do I check if a specific string (say called buffer) exists in the list of structs? i dont understand how to make a copy of it to check with this is what i have ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

8. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to delete the last node in a linked list.?

How to delete the last node in a single linked list given only the pointer to last node ? Head node will not be given. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)