Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reserve Ephemeral ports
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Reserve Ephemeral ports Post 302509693 by rmtzcx on Thursday 31st of March 2011 01:06:55 PM
Old 03-31-2011
Add your application and port to the /etc/services file. It will prevent any other program to use the port (Obviously, any other program that is well written :P)

Code:
myapp      40001/tcp
myapp      40001/udp

Last edited by rmtzcx; 03-31-2011 at 03:44 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Reserve Failed error for HD

Hi Guys, Anybody come across this error when formating a harddisk. "Reserved Failed" Supected hardisk failure, is my assumption correct. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigmoon
5 Replies

2. Linux

proper way to reserve ports in linux

How do you debug a perl script non interactively, similar to bash -x? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Reserve Memory for Global Zone

We have several containers on one machine and would like to reserve some memory for the global zone. capped-memory only allows max physical/swap and setting a max on each container isn't an option. The server has 32GB physical and 30GB swap. Currently there are ten containers on it. Normally... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharjahn
6 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Create file for space Reserve

Hi All, I want to make a 3GB of space reserve on Solaris. Let me know whether there is a way by creating empty file of 3GB so that i can delete that file in future to utilize that space. Or any other better ways for space reserve. -Vinodh' Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reserve resources (memory and processes)

I have a shell script which sets some variables and then calls modules of a program in succession, one by one. Problem is that the script is executed on servers with many users, so sometimes the script starts running, runs for 10 minutes and then breaks due to lack of resources when other users run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tetreb
1 Replies

6. AIX

Reserve Ports

Hi I have a ticket to Reserve ports for SAS install in SAS servers. Does anyone knows the procedure how to do it. it will be helpful for me please Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Which is the effective ephemeral port range in Linux 2.6 for this set up?

In my Linux system ephemeral port range is showing different ranges as follows $ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range 32768 61000  cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 9000 65500 Which will be the effective ephemeral port... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steephen
5 Replies

8. AIX

Forcing named 9 to use a fixed ephemeral port range

I'll start with I'm not an AIX expert, I inherited a lot of AIX servers to maintain. My problem is on AIX 7.1 TL4 SP4 environments. I'm running named as a DNS forwarder only to internal DNS servers. These AIX servers have a customized UDP ephemeral port range to avoid conflicting with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanc
0 Replies
Mojolicious::Commands(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mojolicious::Commands(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Commands - Command line interface SYNOPSIS
use Mojolicious::Commands; # Command line interface my $commands = Mojolicious::Commands->new; $commands->run(@ARGV); DESCRIPTION
Mojolicious::Commands is the interactive command line interface to the Mojolicious framework. It will automatically detect available commands in the "Mojolicious::Command" namespace. COMMANDS
These commands are available by default. "help" $ mojo $ mojo help $ ./myapp.pl help List available commands with short descriptions. $ mojo help <command> $ ./myapp.pl help <command> List available options for the command with short descriptions. "cgi" $ ./myapp.pl cgi Start application with CGI backend. "cpanify" $ mojo cpanify -u sri -p secr3t Mojolicious-Plugin-Fun-0.1.tar.gz Upload files to CPAN. "daemon" $ ./myapp.pl daemon Start application with standalone HTTP 1.1 server backend. "eval" $ ./myapp.pl eval 'say app->home' Run code against application. "generate" $ mojo generate $ mojo generate help $ ./myapp.pl generate help List available generator commands with short descriptions. $ mojo generate help <generator> $ ./myapp.pl generate help <generator> List available options for generator command with short descriptions. "generate app" $ mojo generate app <AppName> Generate application directory structure for a fully functional Mojolicious application. "generate lite_app" $ mojo generate lite_app Generate a fully functional Mojolicious::Lite application. "generate makefile" $ mojo generate makefile $ ./myapp.pl generate makefile Generate "Makefile.PL" file for application. "generate plugin" $ mojo generate plugin <PluginName> Generate directory structure for a fully functional Mojolicious plugin. "get" $ mojo get http://mojolicio.us $ ./myapp.pl get /foo Perform requests to remote host or local application. "inflate" $ ./myapp.pl inflate Turn templates and static files embedded in the "DATA" sections of your application into real files. "psgi" $ ./myapp.pl psgi Start application with PSGI backend. "routes" $ ./myapp.pl routes List application routes. "test" $ mojo test $ ./myapp.pl test $ ./myapp.pl test t/fun.t Runs application tests from the "t" directory. "version" $ mojo version $ ./myapp.pl version Show version information for installed core and optional modules, very useful for debugging. ATTRIBUTES
Mojolicious::Commands inherits all attributes from Mojo::Command and implements the following new ones. "hint" my $hint = $commands->hint; $commands = $commands->hint('Foo!'); Short hint shown after listing available commands. "message" my $message = $commands->message; $commands = $commands->message('Hello World!'); Short usage message shown before listing available commands. "namespaces" my $namespaces = $commands->namespaces; $commands = $commands->namespaces(['Mojolicious::Commands']); Namespaces to load commands from, defaults to "Mojolicious::Command" and "Mojo::Command". # Add another namespace to load commands from push @{$commands->namespaces}, 'MyApp::Command'; METHODS
Mojolicious::Commands inherits all methods from Mojo::Command and implements the following new ones. "detect" my $env = $commands->detect; my $env = $commands->detect($guess); Try to detect environment. "run" $commands->run; $commands->run(@ARGV); Load and run commands. Automatic deployment environment detection can be disabled with the "MOJO_NO_DETECT" environment variable. "start" Mojolicious::Commands->start; Mojolicious::Commands->start(@ARGV); Start the command line interface. # Always start daemon and ignore @ARGV Mojolicious::Commands->start('daemon', '-l', 'http://*:8080'); "start_app" Mojolicious::Commands->start_app('MyApp'); Mojolicious::Commands->start_app(MyApp => @ARGV); Load application and start the command line interface for it. # Always start daemon for application and ignore @ARGV Mojolicious::Commands->start_app('MyApp', 'daemon', '-l', 'http://*:8080'); SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Commands(3pm)