Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting hex to ascii/decimal Post 302509644 by Shiftkey on Thursday 31st of March 2011 11:38:38 AM
Old 03-31-2011
Thanks but I dont have ruby installed so I cant test that code out.

trying to finish it up with awk and sed atm, will post if I can get it working.

---------- Post updated at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ----------

Awesome vgersh99! I tweaked a few things to match my actual log file and it works perfectly.

Im not to familiar with using awk with bash scripts though, how do I go about combining that piece of awk code with the rest of my bash script? I keep getting errors when I put awk inside the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hex to decimal

hi all, echo "ibase=16;obase=10;11" | bc shouldn't i get 17? i am getting 11 i am trying to convert 11 (hex) to decimal stuck! JAK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

5. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to hex conversion

Dear All PROs Thanks in advance need a shell for Decimal to hex conversion input file (decimal values) 65,5,48,66,133,131,118,47 65,5,48,66,133,131,83,63 . . desire output should be (Hex value)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert hex to decimal

can someone help me in converting hex streams to decimal values using perl script Hex value: $my_hex_stream="0c07ac14001676"; Every hex value in the above stream should be converted in to decimal and separated by comma. The output should be: 12,07,172,20,00,22,118 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to hex

How to convert decimal value to hex and than take 1st digits as variable sample data 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 i can use {printf "%x,%d\n",$1,$2} but than i want to filter base on 1st hex digit 1st recrd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)