Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding scsi id
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Finding scsi id Post 302509530 by oky on Thursday 31st of March 2011 02:50:53 AM
Old 03-31-2011
Manoj,

Try scsi_id or cat the /proc/scsi which should reveal you the required details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about scsi

can any one tell me what's the difference between scsi and differential scsi? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Help probe-scsi-all

I have run init 0 to bring it to OK prompt. I know that probe-scsi-all can hang the system. I want to know what is the difference between probe-scsi-all and probe-scsi. I was told that probe-scsi-all external and internal devices and probe-scsi shows only internal devices. what dose this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI Harddisk

hey guys this is my problem I have SCO unix installed on a IDE h/drive. I want to add a SCSI hard drive, how do i do that within UNIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwame.neilsen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Disk

how can i determine what disks are scsi disks from the format command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcon1
5 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What do these SCSI errors mean?

Linux / Kernel experts, Please help. I'm getting errors with various return codes, similar to: kernel: SCSI error : <0 0 5 165> return code = 0x8000002 I would like to know how / where to lookup the definition of the numbers between the angle brackets, and the return code itself. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bumblebee
3 Replies

10. Hardware

SCSI drive

Hi i ahve a SCSI drive that it use to work but now is not working. The Sun machine can not read the drive. My question is there is any other way to get the data back from the SCSI drive? I think if i replace the chip board on teh SCSI drive it might help to just buy a new Board but there is any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: percel
4 Replies
SCSI_ID(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						SCSI_ID(8)

NAME
scsi_id - retrieve and generate a unique SCSI identifier SYNOPSIS
scsi_id [options] DESCRIPTION
scsi_id queries a SCSI device via the SCSI INQUIRY vital product data (VPD) page 0x80 or 0x83 and uses the resulting data to generate a value that is unique across all SCSI devices that properly support page 0x80 or page 0x83. If a result is generated it is sent to standard output, and the program exits with a zero value. If no identifier is output, the program exits with a non-zero value. scsi_id is primarily for use by other utilities such as udev that require a unique SCSI identifier. By default all devices are assumed black listed, the --whitelisted option must be specified on the command line or in the config file for any useful behaviour. SCSI commands are sent directly to the device via the SG_IO ioctl interface. In order to generate unique values for either page 0x80 or page 0x83, the serial numbers or world wide names are prefixed as follows. Identifiers based on page 0x80 are prefixed by the character 'S', the SCSI vendor, the SCSI product (model) and then the the serial number returned by page 0x80. For example: # /lib/udev/scsi_id --page=0x80 --whitelisted --device=/dev/sda SIBM 3542 1T05078453 Identifiers based on page 0x83 are prefixed by the identifier type followed by the page 0x83 identifier. For example, a device with a NAA (Name Address Authority) type of 3 (also in this case the page 0x83 identifier starts with the NAA value of 6): # /lib/udev/scsi_id --page=0x83 --whitelisted --device=/dev/sda 3600a0b80000b174b000000d63efc5c8c OPTIONS
--blacklisted The default behaviour - treat the device as black listed, and do nothing unless a white listed device is found in the scsi_id con- fig-file. --device=device Send SG_IO commands to device, such as /dev/sdc. --config=config-file Read configuration and black/white list entries from config-file rather than the default /etc/scsi_id.config file. --whitelisted Treat the device as white listed. The --whitelisted option must be specified on the command line or in the scsi_id configuration file for scsi_id to generate any output. --page=0x80|0x83|pre-spc3-83 Use SCSI INQUIRY VPD page code 0x80, 0x83, or pre-spc3-83. The default behaviour is to query the available VPD pages, and use page 0x83 if found, else page 0x80 if found, else nothing. Page pre-spc3-83 should only be utilized for those scsi devices which are not compliant with the SPC-2 or SPC-3 format for page 83. While this option is used for older model 4, 5, and 6 EMC Symmetrix devices, its use with SPC-2 or SPC-3 compliant devices will fallback to the page 83 format supported by these devices. --replace-whitespace Reformat the output : replace all whitespaces by underscores. --export Export all data in KEY=<value> format used to import in other programs. --verbose Generate verbose debugging output. --version Display version number and exit. FILES
/etc/scsi_id.config Configuration of black/white list entries and per device options: # one config per line, short match strings match longer strings # vendor=string[,model=string],options=<per-device scsi_id command line options> vendor="ATA",options=-p 0x80 SEE ALSO
udev(7) AUTHORS
Developed by Patrick Mansfield <patmans@us.ibm.com> based on SCSI ID source included in earlier linux 2.5 kernels, sg_utils source, and SCSI specifications. December 2003 SCSI_ID(8)