Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris /tmp its empty after every reboot Post 302509227 by bartus11 on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 10:25:53 AM
Old 03-30-2011
Solaris is designed to behave like that... Why do you need to change that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How To Shrink /Tmp

Hi, Do you know if we can shrink the size of the Swap under Solaris 8 ? 8Gb is already allocated to /TMP but we would like to reduce to 1 GB. Thanks, Fabien. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. Solaris

/tmp clean up at reboot

In Solaris 8, were is the setting stored that causes /tmp to be cleaned up during a reboot? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

4. AIX

Clean up /tmp at reboot

Were is the setting stored that causes /tmp to be cleaned up during a reboot? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

5. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find empty folders without using -empty

hi all: my solaris FIND does not support find myFolder -type d -empty how can i find the empty folders? thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasse
7 Replies

7. AIX

problem with tmp

Hello everyone ! I get a box with aix 5.3 and I get the /tmp fs on 100 %. I get a free space to get more bigger my fs but send me a error message. I try to make more bigger with smitty chlv but It doesnt work. Then I try to reduce somethings on the /tmp fs but I cant get in on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

9. Solaris

cannot cd /tmp.

Hi All, There's a /tmp. folder on my solaris 9. I can't cd on it bash-2.05# uname -a SunOS cads105ctce 5.9 Generic_122300-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 bash-2.05# cd /tmp. bash: cd: /tmp.: No such file or directory bash-2.05# ls -la /tmp. /tmp.: No such file or directory ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

/tmp filling up

Does anyone know of a way to redirect the ksh default of processing data in /tmp to another file system or / something else? My ksh script is parsing large DB files and it keeps filling up /tmp on the root disk. I have a 1 Tb disk with most of its space. How do I re-direct the /tmp ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchelten
6 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)