Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris /tmp its empty after every reboot Post 302509223 by thecobra151 on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 10:18:09 AM
Old 03-30-2011
/tmp its empty after every reboot

dears all
after any reboot for my solaris machin the mount point /tmp it will empty is there command to remove this thing and make the data under /tmp stay after the reboot .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How To Shrink /Tmp

Hi, Do you know if we can shrink the size of the Swap under Solaris 8 ? 8Gb is already allocated to /TMP but we would like to reduce to 1 GB. Thanks, Fabien. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. Solaris

/tmp clean up at reboot

In Solaris 8, were is the setting stored that causes /tmp to be cleaned up during a reboot? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

4. AIX

Clean up /tmp at reboot

Were is the setting stored that causes /tmp to be cleaned up during a reboot? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver11
2 Replies

5. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find empty folders without using -empty

hi all: my solaris FIND does not support find myFolder -type d -empty how can i find the empty folders? thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lasse
7 Replies

7. AIX

problem with tmp

Hello everyone ! I get a box with aix 5.3 and I get the /tmp fs on 100 %. I get a free space to get more bigger my fs but send me a error message. I try to make more bigger with smitty chlv but It doesnt work. Then I try to reduce somethings on the /tmp fs but I cant get in on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

9. Solaris

cannot cd /tmp.

Hi All, There's a /tmp. folder on my solaris 9. I can't cd on it bash-2.05# uname -a SunOS cads105ctce 5.9 Generic_122300-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 bash-2.05# cd /tmp. bash: cd: /tmp.: No such file or directory bash-2.05# ls -la /tmp. /tmp.: No such file or directory ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

/tmp filling up

Does anyone know of a way to redirect the ksh default of processing data in /tmp to another file system or / something else? My ksh script is parsing large DB files and it keeps filling up /tmp on the root disk. I have a 1 Tb disk with most of its space. How do I re-direct the /tmp ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchelten
6 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

NAME
reboot - Restarts the machine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] DESCRIPTION
When the system is running and multiple users are logged in, use the shutdown -r command to perform a reboot operation. If no users are logged in, use the reboot command. The reboot command normally stops all running processes, syncs the disks, logs the reboot, and writes a shutdown entry in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. The reboot command uses the sync call to synchronize the disks, and to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing the hard- ware time-of-day clock. After these activities, the system reboots. By default, the system starts and the file systems are automatically checked. If the start-up activities are successful, the system comes up in the default run-level. You must have root privileges to use this command. Using the -n flag can result in file system damage. FLAGS
Generates a crash dump of the system before halting it. Can be used with any of the other flags. Does not log the reboot using syslog Does not sync the disks or log the reboot using syslog Performs a quick reboot without first shutting down running processes; does not log the reboot using syslog EXAMPLES
To enable the default reboot action, enter: reboot This command causes the system to stop all running processes, sync the disks, log the shutdown, and perform other routine shutdown and reboot activities. To shut down the system without logging the reboot, enter: reboot -l This command shuts down the system and performs all shutdown and reboot activities, except logging the shutdown. To reboot the system abruptly, enter: reboot -q This command reboots the system abruptly without shutting down running processes. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the login accounting file Specifies the path of the syslog daemon RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), savecore(8) shutdown(8), syslogd(8) Functions: reboot(2), sync(2), syslog(3) delim off reboot(8)