Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How will the behaviour of multibyte char differ because of different LC_CTYPE locale? Post 302509182 by baig_1988 on Wednesday 30th of March 2011 07:51:52 AM
Old 03-30-2011
How will the behaviour of multibyte char differ because of different LC_CTYPE locale?

I am comparing two multibyte characters in two different platforms having different LC_CTYPE variables, they are returning different values.

One of the variable is sigma initialised to "\317\203"
and the other one is empty string i.e, ""

Below is the scenario of the two platforms:

In AIX:
LC_CTYPE="en_GB"

In Linux:
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split string with multibyte delimiter

Hi, I need to split a string, either using awk or cut or basic unix commands (no programming) , with a multibyte charectar as a delimeter. Ex: abcd-efgh-ijkl split by -efgh- to get two segments abcd & ijkl Is it possible? Thanks A.H.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multibyte characters to ASCII

Hello, Is there any UNIX utility/command/executable that will convert mutlibyte characters to standard single byte ASCII characters in a given file? and Is there any UNIX utility/command/executable that will recognize multibyte characters in a given file name? The typical multibyte... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: preg_match_all with multibyte characters?

Hi! I'm trying to separate text into sentences, like this: $pattern = "/(|]|,)**/"; preg_match_all($pattern, $text, $matches); This works fine unless the text contains multibyte characters, like "åäö". How can I make this work with these exotic characters? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: preg_match_all with multibyte characters?

Hi! I'm trying to separate text into sentences, like this: $pattern = "/(|]|,)**/"; preg_match_all($pattern, $text, $matches); This works fine unless the text contains multibyte characters, like "åäö". How can I make this work with these exotic characters? An example phrase that doesn't match:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp file size differ

Hi, I have one doubt over sftp. I am trnasferring a file from server1 to server2 using sftp. The size of the file shows different in file 1 and file2 after sftp even though it shows same number of byte transferred. I don't understand the problem. For example: I have file1 having size... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store user input in differ

Hello all Can anyone help me to solve the below issue I want to take user input with space separated .The number of inputs can be variable like if user inputs 1 2 3 4 ouput will stored in as array a where i=4 and I can retreive the value like a =3 any thoughts how to do it ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file names that differ

Hello, I have two directories - prev and current . They both have same multiple subdirectories and files. Now the current directory can have some updated files and some new files added that is not in prev. I want to find the list of file names that differ. I am doing this because i can not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User switching without carrying over LC_CTYPE env variable

I am using Solaris8, userA's shell '/usr/ace/prog/sdshell', AppuserB's shell '/bin/ksh'. serverT:/home/userA>LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1; export LC_CTYPE; vtemp='userA variable'; export vtemp serverT:/home/userA>echo "LC_CTYPE=$LC_CTYPE, vtemp=$vtemp"; LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1, vtemp=userA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Positional insertion for multibyte characters

Hi I have a requirement to insert a dot "." after a position in each line, say 110th position. For which, I have written the below command. cat filename | sed 's/./&\./110' > new_filename The code is working fine, but when we have multi byte (2 or 3) characters in the input file, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)