Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Works sun solaris sparc with hp storageworks p2000 fc? Post 302508996 by bombe on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 02:45:26 PM
Old 03-29-2011
Works sun solaris sparc with hp storageworks p2000 fc?

I need to know if is possible connect by hba a sun 5120 solaris 10 sparc with hp Storageworks p2000 and works with luns.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file system full in Sun Solaris 9 sparc

I am trying to install the JDK 1.6 on Solaris9 Sparc machine but after downloaded .tar file from Sun website and when I am trying to untar that, I an getting the following error- zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - Sep 2 18:42:36 mgsun ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
11 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation

Hi All, I had install the solaris 10 into the SUNFIRE V890 server, after installed, it keep rebooting. I wish to enter the OK mode again, and install back the Solaris 10. i had try the "break" button and "stop+A" button, but all fail. kindly advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Adding new hard drives on Sun SPARC T5440 server with Solaris 10

I need to add two new hard drives of 300 GB capacity to a SunSPARC T5440 server. The server currently has two hard drives of 146 GB each. How do I add the new drives to the existing UFS? What are the procedures involved in setting this server with the new hard drives? I am very new to Solaris... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramatnmcc
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris SPARC Installation Suggetion plaese

Hello Team, I am new to Sun Solaris. I badly need some help, how to install solaris sparc 8 on simics 3.0.31. I am using my Acer laptop with 320 GB HD, 8 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 processor 430M. Windows 7 already installed on it. 1.Can i make Dual partions on this laptop with Win7 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faseeh
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Failed to recover root password in Solaris 10 on Sparc CPU Sun Ultra10

Failed to recover lost root password for Solaris SunSparc (On Sun Ultra10 - SPARC CPU Hardware, not x86 Intel CPU nor x64 AMD CPU) This Sun Ultra10 workstation comes with an old 6-in wafer probing station purchased from a Surplus equipment vendor. Computer: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: fromtexas0
21 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
ifc_disable_mgmt_lun(5) 					File Formats Manual					   ifc_disable_mgmt_lun(5)

NAME
ifc_disable_mgmt_lun - select whether or not management luns are discovered in the legacy representation of mass storage devices VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Enable discovery of management luns for array devices. Disable discovery of management luns for array devices. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Management luns provide the means to access the control ports of Fibre Channel disk arrays. They are represented in both the legacy and the agile view of storage devices. The legacy representation of a management lun is typically created under a separate virtual extension bus node. The entry for a legacy management lun looks like this: On a system with a large number of storage devices connected, creation of management luns can result in an insufficient number of virtual extension buses for the legacy representation of data luns. Since the number of extension buses on a system is limited to 256, luns requiring virtual extension buses above 256 will be unusable through legacy device special files. Disabling the discovery and creation of management luns will free up virtual extension buses for use by data luns. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who expect to use a large number of storage devices requiring more than 256 extension buses through legacy device special files. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. However, existing management luns will not be removed. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on when the system runs out of extension buses for configuring the legacy representation of data luns. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? None. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? When the functionality provided by the management luns is desired. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Existing management luns in the legacy representation will show up in the state. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters ifc_disable_mgmt_lun(5)