Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting script to run after ftp command Post 302508907 by rob171171 on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 11:38:34 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Getting script to run after ftp command

Hi

I, essentially have two parts in my script. The first ftp's to server S10 and retrieves a batch of files. The second part does the crunching and arranging, They both work independently but when run all in sam script I cannoy get 2nd part to run, i.e. the cat, cut & sed. I think it may be something to do with EOT but after 4 hours trying to get it working I'll pass it around in here first

Code:
more event_S10.sh
#!/usr/bin/sh

#set -x

cd /home/it/capopt/APNRD/S10/er_data
ftp -ni <<EOT
open "$1"
user xxxxx yyyyy
cd /logs/er_data_log/ready
mget *er_data*
bye
#EOT
    timestamp1=`gdate -d today  +%Y%m%d%H%M`
    timestamp2=`gdate -d today  +%Y_%m_%d_%H_%M`
    cat /home/it/capopt/APNRD/S10/er_data/er_data* > $timestamp1
    cut -d " " -f1,2,30 $timestamp1 | sed '/^$/d' > $timestamp2
    rm $timestamp1
    rm er_data*
#EOT
#kill $!
#exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to be run after every FTP transfer

Hello everyone, we are running VSFtpd as FTP Server on Redhat AS 5. I would like to have a script to be run immediately after every FTP transfer. Is is possible (or with any other FTP Server?). I thought of writing a script to monitor if FTP transfer happening and run the required-script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP run from shell script gives slow transfer rates

Hey everybody, this is my first post so be gentle. I have two Sun 5220's running Solaris 10 that are directly connected with a cross-over cable at Gig. One of these boxes is my production Oracle server which generates a 50GB dump file every evening at 10:50. The other Solaris is a devolopment... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Countificus
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

to run shell script using FTP

Hi All, From FTP prompt, How to run Unix Shell scripts? Thanks in Advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script will not run cp command

Hi, Not sure what the issue is here, but when i run the script. A simple copy command, it does not find the cp command ? See scrpt below : #!/bin/sh set -x ############################################# # Backup Processes #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script when i'm using FTP???

I have a script which i wanted to run after doing a ftp to the destination server?? How can i do do that??? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a shell script on a remote host using ftp

Hi, is there a way I can run a shell script through ftp on a remote host? The remote host doesn't have ssh running so I can't use ssh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run command one by one

Hi, I have run a lot of commands one after one, but I can't run them simultaneous. One command has to run and when finished second command has to run etc. Also I would like to save all the outputs created by the commands in a file. The commands can sometimes take hours, so it is also... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script like command

hello i have write a script which can create username + password #!/bin/bash # Script to add a user to Linux system if ; then read -p "Enter username : " username read -s -p "Enter password : " password egrep "^$username" /etc/passwd >/dev/null if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)